Friday, July 17, 2009

Logan - Murcia Week 1

7.12.09

Thanks Mom, jess, Maureen, Ashley T, Lynn, and Jordan for your letters!

Well first big news is that I ve been called as Zone Leader for Murcia Zone. I was pretty suprised but almost expecting it at the same time. I was most suprised that I wont even be changing zones. I ll be taking an hour train today up to my new crib. It will be nice to be close because I lll be able to do intercambios and visit Lorca and keep up on all the investigators here. One of the people we are teaching wants me to come down to baptize him in a few weeks, so that will be nice as well.
The branch was pretty sad I was leaving. I would have rather just snuk away quietly but we visited everyone, and one of the families was crying which made it kind of akward for me becasue I wasnt. I had been working with their 14 yr old son a lot and they were sad to see me go but My comp will keep things going here. Everyone wrote me letters which were nice to read because they expressed thanks for the things we ve accomplished here. It was nice to recieve that kind of reward so to say. Sometimes it feels like your doing everything and no one notices so the letters really lifted me up.
Today the members are going to come see me off at the train staion and I have to keep reminding everyone that I ll be back and I am only moving an hour away. Its hard to just say bye with a hand shake becasue I really do feel so much love for all of them. They have become family and made me feel so comfortable here. I have enjoyed working with the youth the most. They have a lot more enthusiasm and be freind new people so much better then the adults here. We also have been working with the youth outside of the church. While I was gone last week some punk kids tried to thorw rocks at my comp and the other misisonary he was with. Today we saw him and Elder MOnks recognized who it was and so I just started chasing them but it was hard because i was in flip flops. Luckily they got away but I wanted to teach them a lesson as well, but not the kind you start with a prayer.
So I will be in Murcia an hour south and its actually hotter then Lorca Yeah! THats the only thing I didnt like about here but oh well. I ll try not to complain about wearing a tie, pants, collar, shoes in 100 plus degree weather while everyone else is in bathing suits. Maybe I need to learn how to not complain lol. Well everything is going well, I am going to make people call me Zone Lord instead of ZOne leader I think its a lot more fitting jk lol. My comp Will be elder Petersen from Reno NV and he is a great kid I am really excited about that. The hardest thing for me to leave is the shower. I took one last bath/shower today it is the only shower that has any pressure on the east coast of spain and I am going to miss it. While taking the bath I also imagined I was in the ocean and did some duck dives through the waves which is always fun. I ve already been to the Murcia Piso and the shower is horrible but hey things could be alot worse. I remember mexico showering with a bucket and cup. Well I have rambeled enough. love you all

My new Address is as follows

Elder Gogarty
Plaza profesor Tierno Galvan
Edf. 11, Bajos D
Murcia 30009
EspaƱa

Sarah please post it on my myspace account!
Befoer you send the package please put in Ear plugs and Labels for the new address. thanks!

No comments: