Monday, January 28, 2008

Emily Week 2 - MTC

Ok well I don't even really know where to start because I have no idea what day it is or how long I have been here. I can't even remember what I told you guys in the last letter. It honestly feels like I am on an island in the middle of nowhere with a bunch of boys. The days seem really long here but the weeks go by really fast.
The Elders are already starting to get really comfortable with my comp. and I. We are just one of the guys now and we hear more than I want to. They all learned the word chiste which is joke in English. I probably heard that word about 30 times in a day. Everything is a chiste!One of the Elders got me sick. I wash my hands like 30 times a day and it doesn't matter the MTC is really dirty because there are so many people here. I forced him to give me all the medicine that he got at the bookstore and I've been using a bunch of nose spray. The other day I was just way to worn out and I felt horrible so I decided to take a nap and I think I slept for like four hours and then I slept throught the night too. I've got some nice cold sores but just getting some extra sleep really helped and I'm already feeling better. Thank you so much for that medicine bag mom and dad.
I heard this morning that our beloved Prophet died last night. I am sad because he is such an amazing man and so loving but I am happy for him because he gets to be with his beautiful wife. There relationship is amazing. I taught lesson 1 for the first time in the TRC a couple days ago with my comp. Someone acts like a real investigator and then your teacher listens in and tells you how you did. First we visit wiht them in Spanish and then give the lesson in English. It was amazing! The Spirit was just overflowing in the room as we talked about Joseph's Smith's vision and the restoration of the gospel. I felt prompted in what to say and how to say it. At the beginning he kind of said I believe that God loves me but its kind of weird because bad things happen all the time. I felt very strongly that I needed to forget that he was already a member of the church. I answered his question and I just knew exactly what I needed to tell him. Things that I hadn't practiced came to my mind and analogies that I had never thought of before. It was wonderful!
The Spanish is going pretty well. My comp. and I are at about the same level which is really nice. We try to talk to each other as much as we can in Spanish when we remember and in the mornings when we get ready we have made a rule to only talk in Spanish. We learn A LOT in one day its wild but I love it.We still have no word on our visas we are going to ask again in a couple days. I realized the other day that if we get our visas on time we will be leaving in like ten days. My comp. and I and one other Elder in my district that is going to Spain are fasting today for our visas.
On the way back from a temple walk yesterday I realized that I'm still in Utah it was really weird. But as we were walking back we ran into this older guy that I think works at the MTC. When he saw us he was like ohhh smiling hermanas. We talked to him for a long time about Spain and how much he loves it there and he said he lost five pounds while he was there because the food is so good and you don't eat a lot because its well seasoned and prepared. Anyways he made us even more excited to get out of Provo and head to Spain!I looked for you sister as we were walking back from the temple but I never saw your car. I waved towards your street though. Some random people in cars that saw me wave looked at me really funny but I didn't care.
Yesterday my comp. and I just walked around and around the MTC it was so nice. It was a pretty day and it just feels so good to be outside after being in class all day. We ran into some Elders that just got here and one of them was trying to mail a letter but he realized that he needed a stamp so he headed into the bookstore. I was just watching them and it was so funny to see them try to figure things out. Finally they realized that it was Sunday and the store wasn't open. I gave the poor kid one of my stamps and we talked to them a little bit.
I walked into a pole that was in between two big doors yesterday on our way to a fireside. I feel like such a clutz. I trip all the time and spill things. The Elders really enjoy it.I love being here even though it is HARD work. I know that I was called specifically by name for this mission. I'm learning so much all the time. My comp. and I realized that we have new thoughts and ideas like 20 times a day, its unreal. WE are so blessed to have the truth and I can't wait to share what I know to be true with all my heart.
i love you all so much and i miss you bye

No comments: