Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Emily @ Santander Week 1

I don´t know if I believe it but I´m in my first area. IF you can believe it, I already can´t remember the name of the town that I´m in right now. Hold on I have to ask my comp. Okay the name of the town I´m in is Santander.

I live right on the coast. The town is actually a little knob off of the side of the country. The bay of biscay is on three sides of the town. I can´t even describe it, its like a movie. There are millions of high buildings all different colors. People everywhere, little shops, panderias. I feel like I´m in a dream, its hard to accept that I´m finally here. Yesterday I counted it out and realized that I have been waiting a half a year to get to my first area. My first night here, last night, we went to an investigators house and taught him. I understood my comps. Spanish but not his. IT SOUNDS SO DIFFERENT!

Right now it is 1:30 in the afternoon which means that its 6:30 in the morning there. Logan is probably getting all ready to go into the MTC. I am so glad that he already has his visa. Good luck with everything today! I wish I could be there.

My mission president and his wife are really nice. They live in a beautiful area and we had a nice dinner with them yesterday and then I headed out on a bus for Santander. This is the most green place I have ever been to in my entire life. Its rolling hills of green and apartments. Its really pretty!

My address here is:
C/ Pelayo 1,
8D39008 Santander (Cantabria)
España

If you haven´t already sent that package you can send it to this address. I am going to be here for a while, so send all mail here. I´ve heard that I will only be in like 3-4 areas my whole mission. Also I found out that there are only 82 missionaries in my whole mission. Including me there are 4 missionaries in my district. The Elders are really nice, they helped take my bags to my piso last night. The piso, is for sure a missionary piso. I want to clean it up a little bit but its fine for now.

My companion is really sweet. She is from Hurricane, Utah. She will finish her mission with me in two transfers I think. Then I stay here and show the city to another sister. Good thing my trainer is really good at maps. She said she will help me know the city like the back of my hand. My p-day is Monday and my comp. just said that we write at about 11:00 AM. I will write you again on P-day. Today was just to let you know that I´m here and I´m alive. I hope you have a wonderful time together in Utah. I wish I could be with you. I love you all so much and I will write you more on Monday.
Love,Em(hermana Gogarty)

No comments: