Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Logan - Barcelona Week 4




Thanks Mom for the letter!

Well today is my B-day and it’s also my P-day. Monday we traveled down to Murcia and set up for the conference and then Tuesday we had the conference and it went really well. I´m learning how to be an effective teacher. I love reading the body language; I don’t think people realize how obvious they are with it. I can tell easily how well the message is getting across by their body language. I also have to worry about my own body language and the message I am sending. The best messages I have taught during the conferences were the ones where I was walking around a lot and talking with my hands.

After the Conference in Murcia we headed to Valencia and got to eat my favorite Kebap. Then we set up for that conference and Wednesday we had the Valencia Zone conference. It went very well and I felt the spirit very strongly. Then we caught another train home to Barcelona. I love traveling with the Hinckleys. It’s so nice to just sit, visit, and learn from them. I had a letter here waiting from Elder Monks which was fun to read, and he bought me some cuff links for my birthday. I feel bad that not all the missionaries will have some of the experiences that I am having serving as AP. It’s been such an amazing two weeks and I have learned so much.

The Hinckleys took us out to Freeway which is a big buffet and the food was great. Then after we got back to the office they brought down a cake with 21 candles and we sang feliz cumpleaños. They wrote me a really nice letter and the office elders bought me some ties. Yesterday we had a normal work day which was weird because it’s been so long since we have done that. It’s hard to just jump back into regular missionary mode after traveling for a few days and not following any type of schedule. We had a great cita with the bishop though and we talked about how we can be more united in purpose and I tried to do all the things I taught to the other missionaries throughout all the conferences. Then on the way out of his house he gave us and key and asked us to put it in his mailbox downstairs. I was trying to figure out why the whole way down. We got to the bottom and I asked Elder Laney if he heard why we were supposed to put it in the mail box and he said I don’t know and then threw it into the mailbox. Then we tried to open the door to leave and it was locked. We then realized that he had given us the key so that we could open the downstairs door and then throw the key into his mail box after. We were full of shame and didn’t want to go back upstairs to tell him and tried to get out but couldn’t. Then we finally went back upstairs and he laughed at us and then gave us another key to open the door. ¡Que Verguenza!

I´m having a hard time trying to decide if I should start school on April 20th or if I should wait till September 9th. April seems too soon and September too far away. If I start in April I will be done that block July 24th and then I will have until September 9th again for summer break. I could stay home and work until September and also enjoy river surfing, maybe even take some classes at CSU-P or I could just jump right into school and then have August for break. I hear there will be a surf comp in May. I can’t tell which would be better. I hope my ACT and transcript get in soon so we can send off the application. I don’t want to have to worry about it right now. Thanks for doing so much of it for me. My mind is always thinking way in advance so it’s hard for me to get it off my mind. I want to know when I am going and make plans or what not because that’s just how I work. I want to start April 20th so put that on the application.

The other night we had a visit a great visit with a recent convert and we did it in the house of the Hinckleys. It went really well and I felt the spirit really strong. It was a little intimidating teaching in front of the Mission President but not as bad as I thought it would be. We had a prepared lesson but the spirit quickly guided us to what the recent convert personally needed. She wanted to feel the spirit like she did when she was baptized. As she tried to explain that to me we both felt the spirit really strong and connected. It was really interesting and I asked her "Do you want to always feel the spirit like you do right now?" Then we were both almost crying and she told me yes. Then I explained to her that our testimony is like a seed and we have to water it, give it sun etc. I told her that her lack of reading the scriptures daily was what she was missing and why she wasn’t feeling the spirit like she did when she was baptized. I love how we are given the words to say, questions to ask, and scriptures to teach after we have done all we can to prepare. Even though many times we don’t teach what we prepare.

Well today is Monday and we are going to take Preparation day. This week we will be traveling again to Murcia to do intercambios wit the Zone leaders. Love you all! Have a great week!

Amor,Elder G

No comments: