Monday, January 25, 2010

Logan- Barcelona Week 5

Thank you Grandpa Gogarty, Ashley, Mom, and Grandma Layton for your letters and packages.

Happy Birthday Coby!

Things are going well here. We took a trip to Murcia this week to do intercambios with the missionaries down south. It went very well and we were able to help out an area that has been struggling for some time. On the way home we stayed in Elche which was my 2nd area. I baptized a man named Gustavo while I was there about a year ago and he is now preparing to go through the temple. The missionaries also told me that they are a baptizing one of Gustavo’s friends this weekend. It was good to hear that he was doing well and that he is doing missionary work.

I had to clean the Elders piso in Elche because it was pretty thrashed. It took me 45minutes to do all their dishes and then 8 trips to take trash to the dumpster that was clogging the hall way. Dirtiness has been one of the most annoying things for me during the mission. Having to take care of the people you live with, in a Christ like way. I have gotten much better though and feel good about serving them instead of mad at their laziness. Hopefully this prepares me for messy kids.

There is a Brazilian woman that lives near us and has wanted to hear the gospel. She contacted the missionaries in Matorell and they gave us her information. We had tried to pass by and couldn’t get in contact with her so we assumed it was a fake address which happens frequently. A month later this Brazilian women was sitting in her house wondering why the missionaries had never came by to visit her. She wanted to hear the message but didn’t know how to put herself in contact with us so she said a prayer. I don’t know why people don’t just use the Internet to contact us but the prayers usually seem to work equally as well. She prayed and asked Heavenly Father to send the missionaries her way again. 5 minutes after her prayer we called her. We then set up a visit for the next day and in that visit we committed her and her brother to be baptized the 6th of February and they gladly accepted. Then Saturday night we went with them and the Hinckleys to a baptism in Sabadell and the spirit was felt so strongly. Jazel, the Brazilian woman, was crying. I love baptismal services. They are probably one of the least attended meetings but one of the most spiritual ones.

Business:Dad should I fly or drive to AZ? How are we getting to St. George for Grandpas shin dig? If I start school the 20th I won’t be able to speak on the 25th. Did you ever receive the camera card I sent home? You said you sent me your camera card but I have yet to see it. Does anyone know where James Greff is? What is the latest on Gio? Is he getting baptized? Dad, I was just joking about the boring letter last week. It’s probably better for me anyways.

Love you all have a great week!

No comments: