Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Emily - Week 1, MTC Madrid

So after many hours of traveling I am finally here. It was a long day or how ever long it was, but its over. I loved talking to you, even though it was hard to say goodbye.

The flight to Spain was pretty bumpy and so I couldn´t sleep. So Elder Harris and I talked a lot of the way. We also ran into another Elder on the plane who served in the colorado springs mission for two weeks while waiting for his visa. So three of us ended up here today, right now it is 3:47 on tuesday. I can´t even function I am so tired. President Hill let us take a little nap after unpacking and it was so nice. President and Sister Hill have been here for two weeks and they are wonderful, I can already tell. I feel so comfortable here already, i just need some sleep.
Right outside my window, I can see the temple and its beautiful. This MTC is amazing. It is so quiet and personal. I already love my teacher. She is from Spain and her husband is from Ecuador and she is having her first baby about the same time as Jess. I can tell we are going to get along really well, she is way sweet.

Today it is a little bit rainy here and its about 50 degrees. We live in a high red brick building and the top floors are the MTC. The bottom floors are hostels for those working in the temple. This MTC is beautiful compared to the MTC in Provo. Everything is very clean and nice and I can´t wait to go to sleep in my bed. The sisters made it for me before I came so I could take a nap. There are three other sisters here right now. One is from Bolivia and she is my companion. We have said about two words to each other. The only common language we have is Spanish so we will probably never get to know each other. The other two sisters are from the U.S. and they are very nice. But all three of them finish and leave in a week. So if no sisters come in a week then I will be the only sister here. I hope and pray my comp. gets here visa. I want her to come here, she would love it. You should print this and send it to her.

We already ate lunch and it was really good but I couldn´t really eat it because my stomach is a little bit weird right now. But the cooks are really nice and I can tell I´m going to really like the food here. It doesn´t even feel like I´m at an MTC. Its more like a big home, I think there are 15 of us here all together.
I can´t believe that I´m here as a sister missionary. It was so weird to walk around the same airport and realize that I am in Spain again.
I don´t know what my p-day is, they just wanted us to write and let you know that we are here.

Brother I hope you get your visa so that you can come here. Okay well my time is running out. I loved talking with you and I hope you have a wonderful time in CA.
Spanish is going to come a lot faster here. I love you guys so much!
Love
EM-Hermana Gogarty

No comments: