Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Emily - Week 4 MTC

Hey guess what you guys are already starting to forget about me again. I'm going to have to make up a bunch of lies. I don't even know what to talk about because after writing in my journal and writing letters I feel like I am saying the same things over and over again. Plus everything just seems mushed together here.

Jess it was so fun to see you. Its suprisingly not super hard on me to see you once a week. Im starting to look forward to it every week and maybe it will realize when Im in Spain that I can't see you anymore and then it will be hard. You and Nick look so happy and it was fun to rub your belly. Sunday was a beautiful day and I loved being outside in the sun.

Sister Sarah, I guess your back in Pueblo now. Let me know as soon as you find you how you did on your test. I bet you got an A+++++! I can't believe that we are moved into a new house and that we live in Pueblo now. Anyways keep writing me your thoughts. I love how much the girls in the family write me! I will take note of that and remember that forever. Brother its getting pretty close! I think that if I stay here for the whole 9 weeks like I think Im going to, I will probably leave the day before you get here, how LAME! I'm excited for you to get here! Oh if you can find it, I want you to listen to this talk called "The Miracle of A Mission" by Jeffrey R. Holland its really good.

Coby, I hope you got my birthday card in the mail. Sorry it was all in pencil and it looked like a four year old drew it but I didn't have anything else. Write me and let me know how your doing! I hope you had a wonderful b-day. Mom and Dad I love you so much.

Yesterday in a devotional we sang the song We'll Bring the World His Truth and I love the part where it says "We have been born as Nephi of old to goodly parents who love the lord." I'm so thankful for all the things you have taught me and for helping me become who I am. Our family is wonderful and I just can't describe how much I love each one of you and how thankful I am to be a part of our eternal family.

So I have a pretty good story to tell you. The MTC is such a funny place. There are 2,000 19 year old boys and 200, 21 year old girls locked up in this little area for weeks and so there is always a good story to tell. I wish I could tell them all.Since the first day I got here my companion and I were talking about how funny it would be to see someone jump the fence. Well yesterday this sister missionary walked pretty quickly past us out the door of the building we eat in and my comp. actually knows her so it was kind of weird that she didn't say anything to her. But the weirdest part is that she was by herself. Well we decided to keep watching her and see what in the world was going on. She kept walking down the sidewalk and then took a quick left and headed off campus. Then we watched her as she booked it down the main road that runs in front of the MTC in her miss. clothes with her tag on and everything. My comp. and I were like is this really happening we should have never wished to see this. Well we decided to go to the front desk and tell them what was going on because I was worried about her companion. Well they went after her and didn't catch her. So they paged her comp. to come to the front desk to see what was going on. About 20 minutes later her and her comp. came walking up to the front desk. I guess she just forgot to close her bank account and she suddenly remembered and decided to take care of it.

When my comp. goes to the bathroom I have to wait in the hall for her. I can't stay in the classroom which is right across the hall from the bathroom. I can' t seem to figure out this girls thought process but I wish I could because I could sure use a little run down the street every once in a while. Anyways it was pretty funny! My comp and I got as close to our wish as I think were going to get, hopefully! Today we went to the temple and it was really nice to have it so quiet. After the session was over my comp. and I just sat together and talked.I learn so much from her. She really helps me in all the ways that I want to be better. I appreciate her so much, we just fit really well together, its a huge blessing. Our families are a lot alike, its crazy. She knows exactly what I'm talking about when I try to explain things.

Teaching lesson two went pretty well. There is so much to learn and I'm excited to keep learning. I've realized that as I've been studying the gospel everyday, how truly blessed we are to have the truth. I finally finished memorizing the first vision in Spanish. Hopefully if I get to call you in the airport when I fly out I can recite it to you. I love the gospel of Jesus Christ and I'm so thankful to know that I'm a daughter of God. Some days are harder than others here but I know that I can always pray to my Heavenly Father and He will listen to me.

I love you guys so much and I think about you a lot. But I know this is where I'm suppose to be, thank you for helping me get here!
love,em (hermana Gogarty)

No comments: