Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Logan - Lorca Week 26

7.6.09

Happy B-Day Mom and Brenna!
Emily are you going to be getting a new email soon?
Can someone get me Jesses email or physical Address?
Next week I ll be writing on tuesday the 14th due to transfers.
If you have anything to send me today is the last chance for the Lorca Address. If I leave it will be next week so make sure the mail to Lorca goes out today if there is any.

Well where do I start... We had a confrence in Alicante with the new President and it went very well. We almost got there late because the Zone leaders that have been in spain for almsot two years now still dont know how to read the train schedule. I was really suprised about that. My new comp has been taught and already knows how to see what times train leaves and when it changes due to weekends or festivos. Luckily we got there just in time and everything went well. President Hicnkley of course reminds me a lot of his Father in looks, voice and everything. It was nice to meet him and exciting to see how somthings will change.
Mom I read your letter about taking swim lessons I just want to let you know I am very proud. Keep up the Good work. Lately >I have been working out pretty hard morning mediodia and night and that keeps me sane. I feel like I have so much energry stored up and I cant get it out.
The highlight of my week was fasting and feeling the holy ghost strongly while I took the sacrament. Fasting has been one of the best parts of my mission. I recieve so much help through doing it the way its supposed to be done. I also felt like I recieved revelation over specific questions I had about some of the inestigators and now know how to help them better. The capilla was jammed packed and that made me content knowing that it wasent like that when I got here. I was sitting with 5 recent converts that have been baptized while I ve been here and then another 3 investigators. Its amazing to see the work grow so quickly. They will be expanded the building soon and I actually gave books of moromon to the contractors that came to measure it out.
One of our investigators is an 11yr old kid that comes to church all by himself, and he really impresses me. His drunk father is unfountanetly not letting him get baptized. WE talked to him about miracles and that God can do anything even changes his dads stubborn heart.
Sorry your not very updated on our investigators but I didnt know if anyone wanted to hear about that. We are teaching a ton of people and it would take a lot of time to get you updated. IF things go as planned we should have 4 more baptisms my last saturday here the 11th. I dont want to rush it though with any of theses people so I might be gone when they get baptized and put it off for one more week to ensure they understand everything. Its a miracle to see people converted to the Gospel. I have gained complete confidence over the promise in Moroni by seeing others recive the answer and by perosnally doing it everytime I doubt. I can tell the investigators I know its true God told me a few days ago, I asked him and this is how he answered he will answer for you I have no doubt.
Everything else is going well. I get along with my comp well and he is a good friend. for some comp study today I just let energy out and we fought for 30 mins. It was fun. I really want to just go do somthing fun but without breaking the rules that is very hard. We found out we cant ride bikes either by the way. When I get home I need to get some serious adrenaline rushs to make up for the lack there of. Speaking of that I would like it if someone could talk to the Maroneys for me about their sail boat and wind surfer and tell them that I will do work for them or buy them when I get back and to not get rid of them. Thanks ! Love you all and miss you. Send letters today if you have them and the 14th I could be writing from a new city. I will get the call bnext sunday. I want to leave just to get out of the heat and to help other peioplel I feel like I ve done all I can for a lot of these people and out of ideas. A new misisonary in here could see things differently and help people in ways I have not thought of. Love you all take care

Logan

No comments: