Saturday, July 25, 2009

Logan - Murcia Week 2

7.20.09

Thanks Mom, Kayli, Grandpa for your letters that came this past week! Well as you all know by now I am in Murcia and the farewell party in Lorca got a bit out of hand. The day I left everyone came to the train station with gifts and such and I am glad they liked me so much but I am turning into the old man and dont like making a big deal out of things. I did get some nice shirts from the youth which was nice. As Zone Lord I am mean leader everything is going super well. My companion is amazing and I have already learned so much from him Elder Petersen from reno Neveda. I read an artice about renos kayak course that was recently put in so I have an excuse to go visit him after the mish. He has 4 months left and I have 8. One experience I had this week was while visiting a member that is taking care of some handicapped people. We watched general confrence with her and I was super tired from the heat and eneded up falling asleep on the couch. I woke up to one of her handicapped kids screaming and kicking through the door where we were. It was terrifying I thought I was having a nightmare becasue when I woke up I didnt know where I was at. Luckily we were able to finish the lesson without getting beat up by the crazy girl. She was screaming though and knocking things down in the other room. We had to just kind of get up and leave the poor lady with those crazy kids. I think I have almost seen it all I think, knock on wood.The ward here seems kind of blah but I assume that is why I am here. I kind of had a vision yesterday durning Sacrament of what needs to happen here and I hope to do just that. We can not do it without the members and so this week and next we will be visiting all of them and Daremos la caƱa or in other words give them the cane. I am sick of excuses like¨I dont know anyone, or they dont want it¨We are going to talk about 1 nephi 17 with the questionin mind of what can God not do ? And have miracles ceased among the childern of men? If they have its because of our lack of faith. We are going to talk about miracles from the scriptures and then ask them if they think God and help them with their friends as we show fatih and Diliigence throught working witht them. If every memeber would do their job of being amisisonary the church would double within months I gurantee. I felt the spirit a lot yesterday and felt like this is the direction we need to go here in Murcia. We have to get everyone going because its not effective for ous to walk around in the street all day. One perk of the new calling is this week we will be going to Barcelona for a meeting with President. We get to eat a few meals and have meeting for two days so that should be fun. I also want to take time to see some sight sin Barc while we are there. I am glad I ve been called as Zone leader it was really what I need right now in my Mission. It has helped me get more focused and not worry about just myself. I was kind of feeling like I had things mastered last transfer and it was the same stuff day after day and so I am excited for the new challenge and responsability. Well I love you all and miss you. Elder G

No comments: