Sunday, July 5, 2009

Logan - Lorca Week 25

June 30, 2009

Thanks Mom, Kayli, Jenny, The hepworths, and Sarah for your letters! Thanks Elder Carpenter (my trainer) or I guess now its Fletcher for your email it was good to hear from you !

Well first big news is that we had a baptism, it went really well and I always feel an incredible amount of joy that comes from the Holy ghost on those special days. I also felt wet because I was practically baptized as well. We had and French African who just recently recived the Priesthood peform the baptism. He did it african style and picked her off her feet and then African slammed her to the bottom of the font. In so doing a wave came from the font and soaked my shirt and tie. I actually enjoyed it and pretened I was surfing in the ocean. I confirmed her yesterday and church and it was as always a special experiance. We hope to have at least 4 more baptisms before I leave here.
Last P day we were in Aguilas my beach town that I like and we went up to the castle I ll send some pics. We realized that we had to catch the last bus that left in 30 mins and the station was at least that far away. We started jogging and I actually held out my thumb to try and catch a ride with someone because I knew if we didnt make it we would be sleeping on the beach. No one stopped but luckily we caught the bus just in time.
Yesterday in church I got to bless the sacrament with Angel our recent convert and then another one of our recent converts Javier passed it. It was a neat experiance and I was bery greatful to have been a part of their conversion experiance. Angel is preparing for the mission and will help keep the Branch alive in the mean time.
Dad I loved the Bike shop article I was way xcied to read it. I hope everything keeps going well there I would love to work there when I got back if you need me.
My comp answered the phone this week and the ward mission leade3r asked hime for the telefono of Blanca who is a member but blacna is also the color white in spanish, My comp said no our phone is black sorry we dont have a white telephone lol I thought that was funny. well not to much else going on I love and miss you all. I will be probly getting moved the 12th of july and will be writing email on the 14th. If you want to write snail mail make sure to send it no later then the 6th of July. Take care

Elder G

No comments: