Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Logan - Murcia Week 10

9.20.09

Thanks Ashley T, Elder Petersen, Mom, and Grandpa Gogarty for the letters.

Well this week has been really good. I now cary more then a year and half in the mission which is pretty incredible. I thought about it all day and dont even know where the last 6 months wents. I set goals and made plans to ensure a few things happen before I go home, knowing that this last six months will be just a blink of the eyes. The night of my 1 year 6 months I had a dream I was home and its the first dream I have had being home which was really weird. It made me even more motivated to get things done here these last 6 Months.
The big news is that gregorio was fianlly baptized. He was the guy I worked with a lot in Lorca. Elder Wrthen and I went down for the baptism and were able to be the testigos for the baptism and share our testimonies after. It was so great to see all the memebers from there I felt right at home and didnt want to leave. I ll be going down again on tuesday for intercambios with my hijo which will be fun. We showed up 45 mins late to the baptism but they had started almost a half an hour late. So there were still people showing up after us...unbelievable. One family that showed up late had a little girl that was always terrified of elder Worthen. She is a little balck girl and always cried and ran away form him. Well right as the family came in the door Emma the girl recognized him, started balling and they had to run out with here. I couldnt believe she still recognized him from over 6 months ago. The best part of being there was seeing people that we had baptized now with their families non-members that have a dates to be baptized. There was also an investigator I had been working with and he was there with his whole family. It was great to see fruit from the work done there. I thought the few baptisms I had were the fruit but those people have now brought other people into the church and it felt satisfying to be there with them. All I ever want is to see is results and feel effective so it was a great trip down there.
The weather finally permits us to sleep under our blankets which is nice. Its been months now sleeping on top. The good weather makes everyday more enjoyable. I love this time of year. I wish I was in the mountains to see the leaves change but I know I ll be there next year.
We also got a new ward mission leader which is great because the last one was is less active and I was just trying to get him to come to church before helping us missionarys. This new change should help pick things up even more here. We have a lot of people so close to getting baptized. THis week we also got 20 lessons in house with Investigators and Less Actives. That is what Preisdent wants everyone doing.
I have been preparing for the Zone meeting we have to give tommorrow and at first I had no clue what to teach but it was intresting to see it all come togther this morning. It seemed like durning the week I was revelaed little bits and parts and I jotted those ideas down, then this morning I said a prayer and the lesson came togther perfectly. I am excited to teach it. I love being an instrument in Gods hands.
The enlgish family are members Dad, oh and I had intercambios with and Elder From Italy who is 25 and it was super fun. We get along well and he told me he has a ducati motorcyle waiting for me in Italy. He wants to get rid of it. Too bad I cant drive it home! How much does it cost to ship?

Love you all!

Elder G

I was going to send pics but this comp is garbage. Dad I talked with my friends about a surf trip and they sounded exciting. The problem is that their spring break ends the week I come home. Is a surf trip important enough to come home a few days early? lol Love ya !

No comments: