Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Logan - Murcia Week 11

9.28.09

Thanks Emily for the package ! it was great!

This week has been a n eventful one. Tuesday I went down to Lorca to do intercambios with my Hijo Elder Monks and we had a great time. We got to teach some of my recent converts from Rumania and I got to do an baptismal interview for one of their kids that ahs recently moved here. I sent a picture of the family last week. Then while we were teaching we set a baptismal date with one of their brothers and they both got baptized on thursday. I wasnt able to make it becasue we had a meeting with the stake president but its been great helping this family come into the church. I was also shocked durning the interview at how much rumano I remembered. I was able to say the gospel words in his language which helped a lot so he could understand it better. I had to learn them when I was teaching their parents.
We also had to run to the train station at midnight becasue Herman Hinckley had left her purse on the trian with all her passport, money , etc. They hadnt gotten off in Murcia and then called us as soon as they found out. We booked it down to the station and luckily beat the trian there. Then we jumped aboard and searched for the purse and amazingly found it under sombodys seat. It was a mircale we found it and were able to get off before the train went to its next destination. I will admit I was half way tempted to just stay on the train and end up in the beach city of Aguilas for the night, unfourtantly the spirit said NO.
I also met someone from Egypt this week and it was fun to learn about their culture a little bit. He lived right next to the pryamids and loves to break dance. Today we are going to go out to his house and he is going to teach us some moves. He is an incredibly good break dancer. He does back flips and lands on its head all in style.
We had to teach a Zone meeting I pretty much had to teach zone meeting but it went well anyway despite the lack of prepatation from my comp. I felt very guided in what we were to talk about it and strongly felt it was what we needed. We talked a lot about gratitude and watched alittle bit of confrence. We also focused on the why of things. I wanted them to see the real goal which is Gods goal moses 1.39 and not get so caught up in the 20 in houses. I still encouraged the 20 in houses I just wanted to help them see why. We also talked about love being the motivator and not anything else. It was amazing preparing for it becasue during the week little parts were just kind of revelaed to me its hard to explain but I think you get the point.
We set a baptismal date with a 22 yr old who is Catalan. They are the hardest type of Spainard to baptize. They are like the Texas of the states. They think Catalunya is its own country and have their own language an everything. We had been teaching him and we were going about it very carefully. Usually I emention adn commit to baptism in the firt lesson but him we waited till the third or 4th. Finally I felt the holy ghost tell me that it was time and how I should go about it. After explaining the Dia de reposo and sharing one of dads sotries the spirit was strong and the question came to my mind that I should ask him. I said would you like to be a member of the church and he said yes. It was as easy as that. Then I said we will hold your baptismal service next week at this time. He said sounds great and I promised him blessing and told him that he was ready. It was a great experience.
Well I have written quite a lot this week. We did do service with Bill and Fran the English member couple like we do every week. Good news is that I fixed their pool with my fiber glass work and I will be remembered forever the other great news is that I leanred a new road rage english phrase. The following is to be shouted with an english accent ¨Put some wally on it why dont you!¨ Or ¨Oh please put your clock down¨I asked him where these come from and they refer to wallingtion boots so but your boot down or wally down and the other is when they use to wear clockers. Put your clock down. Wow this letter was long sorry love you all

Elder G

No comments: