Monday, September 7, 2009

Logan - Murcia week 8

9.7.09

Thanks Jordan, Mom, and Jessica for your letters!

Well this week has been another eventful one. I was a testigo or a witness in a wedding which was intresting. It was not how I want my wedding to be but nevertheless I am glad the couple are now living in line with the commandments and can be Baptized. I mentioned this family before to you guys in Lorca I had done a lot of work so they could get married. I traveled to offices, got papers, talked to Ecuador etc. I was sad to leave Lorca because they still hadnt been baptized due to documents but, finally everything came and we were able to be a part of it anyway. Its was a neat experience to be with Elder Worthen and Monks who had both helped me teach them and now we finally get to see the fruit from our Labors. We were all witnesses in their make shift wedding and they will be baptized the following week here in Murcia.
The wedding went somewhat like this. We waited in a huge line with other southamericans smoking and wearing skanky clothing. Then the very pleasent lady at the end of the hall looked over the documents, asked some questions, stamped some papers and then said somthing like if you want you can kiss the women. Gregorio then looked at his wife and hesitated for like a minute making it super akward. It looked like he was deciding whether or not he wanted to kiss her. Then after that they thow a handful of rice in your face and you walk out the other door. I felt bad for being dressed better then the groom.
We also did some service for the Emglish people and that was fun? I had mentioned before how I was going to fiberglass their pool and I was a little worried about not knowing how to do it. I made it look like I knew what I was doing and it came out ok. The worse part was that there was still water in the bottom of the pool that was stale and grose and to add to that the resin for the fiberglass would leak off the walk into the water and then burn my legs. So my legs are still sticky today I will need a knife to cut the fiberglass from my skin. All is well in Zion.
My comp and I seem to get along ok? I miss Elder Petersen and I dont miss being Mr Mom. I hate having to tell everyone what to do. Hey today we have to get up just like we ve been doing for the last year. Hey its time to go to bed, do I have to look at the clock and take you to bed or can you read it and figure it out for yourself. OK sorry for the venting but thats how it is. I wont go into details but I hate playing that role. With little kids it would be fine because they dont know any better and they are cute but 20 yr old babies its not as fun. He also seems to never think of anything in advance which is the oppisite of me. durning lunch I am thinking of what I will need for the night and whats things will need to happen and how I can make it happen. With him its more like hey you dont have money for the bus again and I asked you before we left and you said you did. Alright I am sorry for the pouting. He is a great kid and there is obviously somthing I need to learn from him because this is the second tiem serving with him and that dosent happen often. Maybe I just need more patience.
Spiritual highlights of the week was taking one of our investigators that is a 75 Yr old spanish lady to church. Elder Diego Flores from Casa grandes came with me to pick her up because my comp was still getting ready. She is in a wheel chair so we pushed her to church and had a great visit on the way. She loved church and I hope we can help her shake her old Catholic ways. Our other SPanish Inv. Antonio is still getting abptized and is strong in the Gospel. He asks great questions a lot of them being the same ones I had. Its been nice to talk deep doctrine with him and teach some intresting things I have learned and never thought I would need. Most people you just barley skim the surface but him we go deep. The Gospel is simple but as you study an live it you gain a better understanding and it has deeper menaing. Well I have said way to much. I love and miss you all.

Love Elder G

No comments: