Thursday, April 17, 2008

Logan - Madrid MTC Week 2

Well, all is well here I sleep much better I think this is my schedule back home before I left so it works out nicely. the MTC here is great I got moms letter with emilys old letter it was good to hear from her. I wrote Emily today via email. The food is good my district is fun. My comp is good Elder Malit. Spanish is coming I do get frustrated from time to time but everythings great. I am glad to hear Grandpa is doing better he was actually in one of my dreams last night I am constantly having pretty wild dreams. Its almost like I have another life at night.

Today we went through the temple and while I was in the Celestial room I saw the whole family there I love our family and I am glad I get to live here on this Earth with you guys. I also had the idea of maybe starting a church High School. I dunno kind of like the MTC with less studying a private school. Singing and Prayers before starting and The teachers using the Holy Ghost to teach and the Kids to learn. It was just and idea that kind of struck me.

My letters will not get any less random... Sorry, I dont have time to use good form. We went to the Park last saturday and it was amazing I handed out a Book of Mormon and testified to a few people. The holy Ghost prompted me on who to talk to and what to say. People would kind of light up as I was walking and I would just know that they needed to hear what I had to say. It was a pretty amazing experiance.

You go to the Park with an older Comp that supposedly knows more spanish but unfourtanetly that was not the case. My older comp just listened the whole time and wasent much help. I am greatful for the job at the buckle I have learned a way with people and it helps a lot. I am also greatful for the strong witness I have had. I bore testimony and I could see that they felt what I was saying if that makes sense.

I also Bore testimony in our sacrament meeting and a Hermana came up after and said you are a powerful speaker and I said thats not me speaking. I feel like I am learning spanish to learn humility it is not easy I cant imagine what Jess went through. Ether 12:26 comes to mind check that one out. I cant wait to get to the field I cant wait to teach people. I have 5 weeks here that seems like a lot but at least I am learning a lot everyday.

Love, Elder Gogarty

So a lady came to cut hair today and she was stationed out of the girls bathroom: first warning of not getting your hair cut. They had asked me earler in the week and I said no but since they kept asking me I took the hint that I needed one. I go in and expect someone that actually cuts hair. It happens to be one of my teachers. Oh Joy! lol so she is speaking in spanish I say poquito and so she kind of trims it. Then she just starts hacking and the whole time I am thinking she is going to cut my ear off. Right as I am thinking that, she says no worry I won't cut you. I am like ya sure.. Anyways she did a terrible job. I didn't dare ask her how many haircuts she'd give because I knew I was in the top 10, and thats somthing you don't want to be in the top 10 for.

We walked down to the Mall today and some of the elder that went with me drove me nuts they want to be all grumpy and grown up and were still 19 obvioulsy there is a line but mine is in a much different spot. One of the elders got on a lil fake motorcycle you put a euro in and it rocks and the other elder was like hey thats not appropriate. I was just like come on. If I am stuck with someone like that in the field I am going to let them know how I feel.

I Enjoyed emilys letter it was very fun to read! I have decided I am want to learn another langugage after Spanish just havent decided what language. I dont think there was anything else I needed to say I just had some more time to use have a great day sorry the first letter was kind of crappy i was stressed. Love, Logan

1 comment:

Kristie said...

Let me know when you start that LDS High School!
~Sis Inman