Thursday, April 24, 2008

Logan - Madrid MTC Week 3

4.24.08

Happy B-day Grandpa I hope everything is going well for you! I think of you and Grandma a lot because my mission president and his wife remind me a lot of you guys. Its nice to have Grandparents all the way across the ocean. I recieved letters from Mom and Emily this week.

Ok well I am excited to hear that my stocks are doing well continue to keep me posted on thatplease . I also got a kick our of the lake story Dad I know where I get my rebelioussness from. I think you are worse then I am! If we would have grown up togther I imagine we would have got into quite a bit of trouble.

Its good to hear whats going on back home and I am glad Grandpa Layton is doing so well. This week we had Russian Elders come into the CCM for a few days because they got kicked out of the county and they had to rennew their visas, Apparently it happens every 4 months! pretty expesive solution to be flying them all here for a few days. It was cool anyways though on sunday we sing on the temple grounds and we Sang I am a Child of God and each verse we did in a different Language! We had russian, French, Spanish, and English I felt the Spirit Strongly and really enjoyed it.

Every meal I tell stories of my life growing up, no one believes my stories and I tell them I am Irish so I do tend to strech them a bit but everything is in fact true! I told them about biking in St george with you dad and laying out on the cold rocks snuggling. I told them that I wasn't that worried untill you started screaming help out of the blue it was pretty funny everyone had a good laugh. I am glad we were able to make it out of there alive and I am also greatful for the power of prayer. I had quite the different up bringing then most the elders here.

This week we went to the Park again and I was paired with an elder thats been out as long as I have, It was intresting we taught a few people but it was raining really bad. One of the sisters in our District was not feeling well this week and we were able to give her a blessing. What an amazing experiance and privlage we have as priesthood holders to act in Jesus Christ name and heal the sick acoording to our faith. As we gave the blessing I felt the Holy Ghost burning inside. I am greatfull to have this authority to continue Jesus Christ CHurch on this earth.

I loved the piictures You sent the fire looked crazy, snding pictures is always good. I laughed when I read about emilys fan blowing up cause I was over on weight then i get here plug in my converter then the fan and boom its done I was like cool that was and 80 fan ! after paying more to ship my bags oh well i guess I should have warned emily lol !

I have been deeply studying Jesus The Christ I have learned so much its incredible! It seems like sometimes we just glaze over all the details so its awesome to learn so much and really understand what Christ did while he was here. The Spanish is coming it gets better everyday my english gets worse everyday. Time really flys while you are here. My Cmpanion is a cool guy Elder Malit he is great we work well togther. I love you all! Emily Kepp up the good work I know your doing well!

Elder Gogarty

No comments: