Monday, June 16, 2008

Emily - Santander Week 13

6.16.08

Hello Everyone that I love...Today I got THREE letters, two from mom and one from sister sarah. During the week I got a letter from sister jess, brother Logan, and Ashley Yates. Mom I was so happy to have two from you today. I really do count on one every Monday now, so you better keep up on that.

Sorry my email is a lil late we went on a lil p-day adventure. Mom don´t worry there wasn´t a terrorist attack or anything. WE took the free bikes again and road along a path by the beach. We also took them over to this little zoo. There were penguins and sea lions. It was a beautiful day but pretty windy. We made sandwiches and the Elders brought a bunch of other good stuff. IT was SUPER FUN. I really enjoy gettting out on p-days.

This morning my comp. and I spent a long time cleaning out the piso to make room for our new comp. You thought I had big news last week, well guess what its bigger this week. Today at 9 we have a greenie coming in. My comp. is training and Im like a co-trainer or something like that. Im in my third transfer and she is in her fifth. We are both kind of freaking out. I guess this girl is suppose to speak Spanish, I pray thats true. Anyways we will be making some big changes this week too.

Its been great being with H. Wight this week. Ive learned so much from her already. We have to depend on each other a lot. She is really fun and I know Im going to learn a lot from her this transfer.Okay so that news is pretty big and now its going to get even CRAZIER. Im getting transfered after this transfer. President told me that I need to be ready to go Senior at the end of this transfer. I guess Im leaving H. Wight and the new greenie here after I show them around. Im FREAKING OUT!!!! I thought I was going to have a lot more time. Oh well Im headed out soon and Im curious where im going? Ill let you know as soon as I find out. Hopefully Im headed closer to Logan even though I know thats impossible. At some point Im going to have to see him though. He is just too close and there has to be a reason we were put so close, right?

I seriously meet someone from a different country everyday. Yesterday I met someon from Poland. He spoke a lil english and we talked to him for a while. Its crazy how there are people here from all over the world. I don´t have any other really big news. We have really just been trying to get ready for the new hermana this week.

Oh the other day we contacted two guys that were playing this random game that is translated into "ball in palm." I guess they are semi pros or that is what they told us. They taught us how to play and got a good laught out of watching us make fools of ourselves. H. Wight is really good at just talking to people like a normal person, if that makes sense. Ive had a lot of fun this week just talking to people and then naturally explaing to them after 5-10 mins. of normal conversation, Why we are here. WEll we are missionaries and we would like to tell you why we chose to come to spain from america to live here for a year and a half. Ive really enjoyed this week with her and with all the new people we have met. I love days on the mission where you can go to bed feeling really good because you are figuring out what it is that your suppose to be doing. I for sure dont have it all figured out but im slowly getting there.

This transfer Im going to have to depend on the Lord a lot to help prepare me to leave Santander. I really do love it here and I especially love the people in our lil branch. THey are so strong and good. The ones that come every week are such good people. Everday I remind myself of what it says in PMG about our purpose, Invite "others" to come unto Christ. Others can mean anyone and everyday Im trying to learn how to be more Christ like with everyone Im around. This morning I read over that talk from conference "tounge of an angel" or something like that. I love that talk and I really want to learn how to apply what it teaches. Especially after what dad told me in a letter about what im able to do with my tounge. I know how to really lift people up and thrash them down too. Anwyas something I was thinking about that I want to work on.

Most importantly I hope everyone remembers my b-day in 11 DAYS. Dont forget about me just because jess is having a BABY! LOL! Sister your going to have a BABY, WHAT!!!!!! AHHHHHHH!!!! I can´t wait to hear all about that. I loved your letter by the way thank you. I love my family so MUCH. I am so blessed, I love the Gospel and I love my Savior. Im here trying to become more like Him and trying to help everyone I meet learn more about Him by my example. Im not perfect but im trying everyday to do better. I love you all so much! I hope you have a wonderful week. I can´t wait to hear all about the BABY. Wow that is so weird.

Love you, EM(Hermana Gogarty)

1 comment:

sugarcoatedcyanide said...

I just checked out your blog after gettting the address from your parents. I'm LOVING it!!! I'm forcing Jeff to read it. I don't think there's any better missionary prep than the ups and downs of real mission life. You guys are so awesome to be working out there that hard. An incredible example you are setting. HOpe you don't mind if I post your link in my blog. Some of my friends might read it. Just count us as your Spokane cheering section! Keep up the good work--Julie Powell