Monday, June 2, 2008

Logan - Valencia Week 3

6.02.08

Great letter nice and short! I havent gotten any mail ffrom anyone and I dont expect to we stopped checking. The last time we saw somthing in the box we opened it and it was spam to burger king.

A few intresting things this week...Cars box other cars in and then leave their cars in neutral so if you need to get out you just push their car out of the way. I saw a bmw just roll down the street into a trash can after someone pushed it out of the way. Its pretty wild we always help pèople move cars so they can pull out.

We ride the metro everyday and I want to still be better then all of you when I get back in the river so I surf the metro. I dont hold on to any rails and just use my core to balance muscles. Believe it or not I was sore after the first few times but I really think it will help keep my balance in tune.

This week we ate at a real spainards house. He lived out on a orange farm and he is the Patriarch of the ward. We went out and ate Pealla with him its ike rice and meat with his really common out here. WE walked around his house and he pointed some things out liek his small rabbnit farm. For us he butchered one of the rabbits and we ate it in our paella. It was actually really good rabbit is much better then chicken a lot more tender. It was a great meal.

WE actaully got fed everyday last week. I had foods from argentina, chile, bolivia, and Spain. Quite a variety everything was good besides Chiles fried milk. It was horrible I had to take bit bites and swallow. Its like rotten eggs with some syrup over it. Anyways they had a crazy little dog locked up and it somehow got out durning dinner and jumped like three feet in the air and bit Elder Hansen. I was Taking a drink right as I heard him scream and it came out my nose. It was pretty funny.

First near fight also happened this week we were walking and some punk rode up on a bike behind us and said What will you do if I punch you in the face and Me and Elder Hansen look at him and I said Punch you right back. Then he kept riding and he said somthing and I said COMO and he stopped again and I remebered who I was, and said Were Representitives of Jesus Christ and we have a message for you. Then a cop came by and the kid rode off. I am glad we were able to not hurt him especially since a cop would have seen it. Lots of stories sorrry.

I am glad to hear you are surfing with everyone that sounds like a lot of fun. When I get back that will be on the to do list. I would like it if you could look up some activites to do here in Valencia if you dont mind. Google it and just look up some stuff we could do on P-days. Also I sent my card home you guys should make a movie on moms camera with my card before you send it back so I can watch it on my camera. Just say Hi or somthing. Keep shooting my surfing storeis I love it.

THe park by my piso isent to nice but we run to one in the mornings thats really pretty I ll take some pictures. The work is going well this week we took pictures of us in the piso making it look like we couldnt cook with flames coming out of the grill and then another pic with us looking hungry eating justa few peas and looking in cans and boxes for food, then we put those pictures on the pass along calender for church so we make sure to get fed. Its worked out really well so far. We also take brownies to people that we want to be fed by and we leave our plates with them so they say oh lets set up a date where you can come get this plate and eat , its genius.

Neloson will be getting baptized in 3 weeks and I cant wiat. He is from Venezula and is great. He takes notes in church. We are also Teach a couple but they need to get marred before we can baptized them. I am out of time but Love you all!

Elder G

No comments: