Monday, June 9, 2008

Logan - Valencia Week 4

Thanks for the great letter Dad.

This week I recieved all of Moms letters. It sounds like you had a very fun and intresting week. This week we have been wokring hard and in one instance repariing some damaged relationships from the last Elders that were here. I am very thankful for the job at the buckle its helped me immensely in the field. Talking with people is not a problem for me as it is for some. Its easy for me to make connections and establish trust in a very short amount of time.

We had some intrest things happen as well this week. First- We were working in Torrent a small pueblo near our Pizo and their were riot police and people yelling. We asked a kid our age what was going on and he said the people are manifesting and we said manifesting what? He then simply said they want to clean torrent and we said of what? then he said of all the Foreigners. WE asked if we should leave and he told us that we were fine but its probly better not to talk to people becuae of our accent.

THis is going to be a messy letter I hope your are editing them well. Next we had the oppurtunity to meet with some Jehovah witnesses. They let us in and instantly started bible bashing. It was fun to say the least. He of course gave us the scripture in revelation how it says that you shouldnt add on and we showed him Deut. and asked him if he believed in all the books after Deut. He was stumped and didn't say a word. We made them quiet down a few times and then taught them the beautiful plan of salvation which they agreed mostly on. They are reading the book of Mormon and we have another appointment with them. Everyone is impressed because one they are Spainard and two they are Jehovahs. I am very excited to teach them again. SOmeone has just convinced them that thier church is true through explanation. Our Church makes perfect sense and we know its true through the power of the Holy Ghost.

We also have been teaching some muslims. We have to get approval form an Area Authority before we go any further. THey are very excited about the gospel and will probly be getting baptized. They cant go back to their country if they are baptized because they will be killed. Nelson our golden investigator will be getting baptized ont he 29th and is very excited he comes to church taking notes and loves the gospel.

Saturday night I was feeling down I just felt as is God wasnt listening to my prayers so I pleaded and begged him to let me kmow that he was listening. Yesterday it was raining and I still wasent feeling much better about anything. We kept kocking doors but it was cold and getting let in to peoples houses is rare. After were about ready to give up and go in for the night we knock one more door that we were prompted too. The Lady is Columbian and he husband is a bishop of our church but she didnt know anything about it. She has 3 jobs and has just been divorced. One of her kids is also retarded. As you can imagine you has a lot on her plate right now. SHe invited us right in and I was suddenly warm from the holy ghost bruning inside of me. I was thankful that God lead us to her and hears our prayers. We taught her the first and she was nearly crying. I asked if there was anything we could do and she said she just needed spiritual peace and I told her thats what we have. Jesus Christ Atonement heals all. I have no doubt of this. THe drunks the rapeists the single moms and ourselves. We can feel peace in nowing that he has suffered everything that we have or will suffer. I was very greatful for the amazing experiance to teach Patricia yesterday. Its the reassurance I needed to remind me thats Gods hand is constantly in our lifes.

Its easy to just say thinks happen by luck or chance but in the missiona when miracles happen over and over you know have no doubt that God is moving you right where he needs you.

I though you would like to hear that I saw A lady walking her dog and it craps on the sidewalk. She pulls out a tissue and I am thinking she is going to pick it up but no she wipes the dogs butt then leaves the tissue with the poop on the side walk! I wanted to slap her. I dont have more time so I am going to write a hand written letter but thanks for your letters and prayers. I love you all. Jess I hope everything is going well with the baby. Dad i hope your fowarding this to everyone.

Love you all Elder G

No comments: