Monday, June 23, 2008

Logan - Valencia Week 6

6.23.08

Yes for my plaque I would like the scripture in Jer. It talks about the fire devouring the people. I got a letter from Jess this week at zone confrence and I that was it. I willl have probly gotten one from Mom today also hers always comes after Email.

Everything is going well here everynight is a party in Valencia I swear this country has a holiday everyday. We have been working hard this week the tempature is nice and toasty. I think its been at least in the 90s all week. We were let into some Armanians house yesterday and I made the mistake of saying how hot it was outside. They then insisted on getting us a drink. He opened the fridge and poured us two big glasses of clumpy natural yogurt water and chunks of vegetables. I said just a little please and he made sure to fill it right up to the top. I thought it would be more polite to not finish it then to throw up on him. It was the worse thing I have ever tasted.

Its amazing how much we are helped with the gift of tounges and learning the language. The Armanian man had been here 9 years and our spanish was 100 percent better then his. Its incredible how fast we can learn a language with the help from God. I understand almost everything and I can get my point across but I want to be able to really describe myself and thats what I have been working on. Last week when we went to buy grocerys the store was practically empty because the truckers went on a strike and so the food stopped coming. We were worried a little but We talked to some people and they said that the military has taken it over and been running the trucks so now the stores are full again. Its amazing how simple it is to put a country into panic very easily.

The metro drivers have also been going on strike so sometimes our metros just dont show up and when they do they are packed with people. We had a dinner cita with the bishop this week and he is a big time wind surfer. It was fun to talk to him about it and he said he ll take us when we come back and visit. He said that there is good surifng in the northern part of Spain but its a lil more rocky.

We had Zone confrence this week and it was amazing. President Wadell is an amazing man. He knows the doctrine so well and he really gave us an amzing lesson. this is the last week of my transfer but I think I am staying here in Valencia we will have to see though. Sunday I find out if I am moving. Sounds like everything is going well back home I ll be looking for the package. If you havent sent it yet then throw in a Finding Viira cd you can burn a copy of our computer or that small outbaord memory box we have. Elder Hansen wants it for when he goes home.

Jessica I really like the name Chole thats my vote if its a voting matter lol. I hope everything goes well for you I pray for you and nick everyday.

Today for preparation day we are going to go explore the city. We had a lot of fun last week. Thats about all this week.

I am constantly amazed of how I am guided on what to study each day. Everyday I study somthing I need for the day. President has us working on a lot of scripture masterys and they have become very useful being able to answer everyones questions right out of the scriptures.

I am excited to hear about Jessica and they baby so let me know what happens. I hear that missinarys only hear about 2 percent of what actually goes on at home. FOr example I just found out Colton had his mission call to puerto rico. Everyone was mentioning he was going and had his call but no one told me where! Thanks for all the letters though they are great. What type of work is Donald doing? I didnt know what you were tlaking about. And did you find any info about the Masons that you could send. Thanks love you all hope all is well.

Elder G

No comments: