Monday, June 23, 2008

Emily - Santander Week 14

6.23.08

Hello My Birthday is in four days...ya!!!
I can´t believe that im already turning 22, its so weird. I got my letter from mom today. Last monday I got two from here in lncluding the one that got sent back. I can´t remember from who else, sorry its been a crazy week. Im exicted for all the emails from sister, Grandma and Grandpa and Dad. Im going to print them off and read them through. This hour goes by so fast. Grandma I got your gretting card and Grandpa I can´t wait to get the B-day card. I loved the pic. it was so nice to see your faces. I love you both so much.

I haven´t had the time to write in my jounal this entire week. I can´t even explain to you whats going on here right now. Im learning so much because I have to. President is taking me out of here in like five weeks to go senior somewhere at the end of the transfer. Right now here in Santander is Hermana Wight, Hermana Truscott and me. We are working really hard to get everything figured out together. President and Sister DuVall came to church yesterday. They talked to us afterward to try to help us out. The mission is really young and so they are having to move people faster than they want to. We don´t get another hermana until October. Its hard with all the visa problems. Anyways I think I will be ready to leave Santander and Im excited for the new adventure but nervous too.

Oh has Jess had her baby what is going on. I thought I would have gotten an email about that today. Come on people! There better be more info next week and pics. Oh a couple things before I forget.

Mom that girls address that you gave me I found where she lives but I need her phone number. She hasn´t been home when Ive gone by. Can you ask that lady for her phone number I really feel like I need to find her. Number two zone conference is on July 2nd and Im expecting my b-day package to be there. I don´t know if Im going to be able to do a pedicure or anything like that cuz I have to be with my COMPANIONS ALL THE TIME! sorry today I was kind of going a lil crazy. Sometimes I would just like to go and do something on my own, even grocery shopping would be nice.

I had a really neat experience the other day that I want to share with you. WE were walking along this lil path that goes along the coast doing some contacts coming home from trying to find that girl actually- Laura I think. Anyways I saw this lady sitting on a bench eating some ice cream and I felt like I should talk to her but we were kind of running late. I asked my comp waht time it was and decided that I didn´t matter I needed to go back and talk to this lady. At first I didn´t know what to say so I just stupidly said, oh I see your eating ice cream, we ate ice cream today. She just kind of laughed at me. AFter laughing at myself I felt comfortable enough to sit down and visit with her. WE talked for about 15 mins. and she was so NICE and guess where she is from...Guayaquil, Ecuador. I asked if we could come and visit and we set up an appt. right then.

On Sunday we went to her house and she called in everyone to listen. WE taught five amazing women, her two daughters and then her cousin. The lesson was AMAZING! It was so much fun. It was weird to me how much fun it was. I can´t even describe it and if I try I will feel like an idiot. Sister Jess will probably underdstand. So anyways the lesson was amazing and were going back on Sunday to teach them and walk with them to church. They are going to get baptized, I could feel it while I was in the room with them. They are from Ecuador, YES! WE talked about Ecuador for a while, I love that I have that experience to relate with the people here. Anyways it was a really neat experience and Im so thankful for the Spirit. while I was walking past her the thought go back and talk to her went off in my head over and over and over again.

The holy Ghost is an wonderful gift and Im learning so much about it everyday. I feel like what Grandma said is true. Im really getting into my mission now. Things are starting to feel more comfortable and everyday Im learning how to be a better missionary/person. I think my perspecitive really changed after taking Pop´s advice. I feel Happy even though some days are really hard. WE can ALWAYS feel happy as we look for ways to invite people to come unto Christ. It doesn´t matter who it is, there are always ways to serve. Thank you Mom and Dad for always showing me that. Both of you in different ways are wonderful examples of serving and loving others.

WEll I guess that is about it, NOT but I have to go. Dad I would love some ideas for things to see. Oh and also we should try to get on at the same time. Next week Im going to get on at 2:30 my time. I love you all so much. Im thankful to be here, Im thankful to be a missionary and Im thankful to have so many people that love and support me. I love you and I hope that you have a wonderful week.I want to hear everything about Jess next week...OKAY!

Love, Em (hermana Gogarty)

No comments: