Thursday, August 14, 2008

Emily - A Coruna Week 3

8.12.08

Hello Everyone that I love...Sorry my email is sooo late. Mom I hope that you haven´t been FREAKING out. We had zone conference on Monday and then Tuesday we had some visits already planned so we waited until today to have p-day. Just so you know we always have zone conference here on pday so if its ever late again that is why. It feels weird to have p-day today but I was for sure ready for it. I get so tired some days.

We had a wonderful zone conference and like always I learned a ton. I met more elders that know brother. I introduced myself and my something interesting about me was that I am in Spain with my brother. I could tell which ones knew brother because their heads shot over in my direction. I had fun talking to them and it was nice to know that they know my brother. I with some amazing people.

President came for our district meeting on Saturday. I got some letters...ohhh I loved reading them. Sister sarahs letter, mom, and Tiff. I hope you got my letter Tiff and guess what HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I love you! I also got that little package with my new card and some fun little gifts. Mom go ahead and send any packages to my piso. We have a door man and he holds onto our stuff for us if we arent home. Oh also I got my residency card in the mail. That was really weird!

Yesterday I taught all of lesson one in english it was a really neat experience. We taught a woman from England who is a Seventh Day Adventist. It was neat to hear everything Ive learned in english, if that makes any sense. I just cant explain what happens every time we share the first vision, no matter what the language. This is Christs church because it has His authority through His prophet. We also had the opportunity to teach the lesson in Portuguese. It didnt go as well as when I taught in english. There are a lot of amazing people here from Brazil. We are teaching a family and two single people from there.

The single girl is here living alone, working and she is only 22. I know God put her in our path. We are all she has right now. We met her because she asked God for help. Her boyfriend beat her up and in the last visit she asked if it was a sin to try and take your own life. She is BEAUTIFUL and I cant wait to teach her the plan of Salvation. God knows her by her name and He loves her soo much. She has a purpose in this life and God wants her to live with Him again. Yesterday we went to her house and brought her some food. She hasnt been eating.

There is an amazing family in the ward from Brazil and we are going to take her to their house this week. She needs the gospel, just like everyone else. The guy we are teaching from Brazil is really progressing. He wants a good life. He doesnt drink or smoke. He is just a good guy. The last visit he asked what he needs to do to be baptized. He has some law of chastity questions. It was kind of a shock to him that we live that law. Luckily I had read in Our Search for Happiness that morning about temple marriages. I explained to him what it meant to be chaste for me in my life and the person I will someday marry. I also talked to him about what Elder Ballard says he can see when he seals two clean people for all eternity. It is a pure love a real love for one another. I think it was enlightening for him to hear two young girls explain what a blessing it is to be chaste.

Anyways things are going really well with him, the only problem is that I think he might be in love with one of us or maybe both. Ill have to talk to my district leader about what to do for that. One little funny story to end. The other day we rang someone and asked for Juan. The lady told us, no hay nadie aqui. I was very tempted to ask her than who are we speaking with a ghost. Sometimes its funny to watch/hear people lie. They get so wrapped up in their lies that dont even know where they started. Anyways one of those things you just have to learn to laugh about on the mission. Well I think that is enough for now. Although I have so much more on my mind. I will write you today. Oh and can I please get brothers letters. Thanks! I love you each so much and I know that Im sealed to you for time and all eternity. What a blessing!

Love, The Sister

No comments: