Thursday, August 14, 2008

Logan - Valencia Week 12

8.12.08

I recieved letters form Jess, Sarah, Mom this week they were great thank you. The package was great Well Elder Carpenter is on a bus to the south of Spain right now and I am way sad to see him go we became very good friends and I cant wait to spend time with him after the mission.

My new companion Elder Hoffman is from mesa az just like my last one but he isent heere yet I am picking him up form the train station after this. I am a little nervous to see how things go but I am sure it will be great.

This week I cooked some banana bread and did a great job but did forget one small ingredient....the flour lol I felt pretty dumb but after I mixed the flour in it actually came out good. Thanks for the cook book mom. We were able to teach some Africans in english this week and I really enjoyed it just being able to express myself a little better with having a better vocab uin the english language. I soon want to feel the same about my spanish. WE baptized the lady from Nigera last week and I was able to confirm her a member of the church last sunday. It was an amazing experiance i am very excited for their Family. At the Baptism one of our recent converts spoke on the Holy Ghost and he gave an incredible talk I am glad he is grasping the gospel so well and becoming converted trult convereted.

This week has flown by we basically just went around to our favorite familes ate and Elder Carpenter said bye. They were very sad to see him go as was I. Its amazing to see how fast you become settled into a different place. I am already having anxiety about leaving some of the people here. They have all become like family. We have been running to a park every morning and doing Yoga. It is incredible and has really helped me out in a lot of ways. My back feels a lot better and I have more energy thanks for tha book as well. All is well here We are working witha lot of people right now and I am expecting to see some amazing things in the next few weeks.

Jess thanks for the pictures of the brenna it was amazing to see her she is so much cuter then most babies usually they look like little aliens.Emily I am excited you have a spanish comp I am sure your spanish will be incredible after these 6 weeks. Sarah thanks for the letter i am writing one back todayMOm and Dad thanks for being great parents and raising a great familyCoby would love to hear form you.G pa thanks for the email and the advice I always use it. Our Last baptism was found from some less active member and she has been re activating the whole family. Its incredible to see.

Well a lot more happened but We are in a chino locoturio and they want us to get out I dont know what they are mad about lol but have a great week! love you all Love,Elder G

Dad I finished the 40 years among the INdians and I really enjoyed it. Some incredible stories and things I could even relate to. How is he related to me Daniel W. Jones? Thanks for the food advice as well

No comments: