Monday, August 4, 2008

Emily - A Coruna Week 2

8.4.08
Hello Everyone that I love...
Wow that was nice to read that letter from President thank you for sending it to me. Also, Im excited to get the camera. I sent you a letter last week, you will probably get it today. I got a letter from President in the mail with my address and I was going to give you it today but Dads so smart and wrote my president. No Im glad you did because that means packages and letters are on the way. I got a letter from brother this week and I loved it. Its always so nice to read a letter from someone going through somewhat of the same experiences.

I still cant believe Im here and yesterday I realized that its only five months until Christmas. I hope that your starting to hold family meetings to discuss my Christmas package. Time is so weird in the mission. I know I talk about this every time in my letters but its just so weird.

Things are still going really well with my new companion. I have been surprised at how much we can talk. Brother you may do english fasts or whatever but guess what I have to speak in Spanish everyday ALL DAY. My Spanish better be mejor than yours. Oh ya brother I forget to tell you that E. Webb wore your tie to come and pick me up at the bus station, it was great! He is hilarious! Just kidding yours probably is better than mine. Speaking it all the time makes me realize I know a lot and it makes me realize that I have a lot to learn. Its really hard sometimes but im leaning.

I want to tell you about Andy, the coolest guy from Brazil. We found him last week and taught him lesson one on the stairs in front of his piso. We couldnt go in because we need another women. HE lived right by the temple in Brazil and told us that our people seem to always be happy and content and he wants to know why. This Sunday we picked him up for church or actually woke him up when we rang his piso. He stayed for all three meetings and H. Garcia and I taught gospel principles. Testimony meeting was amazing. One guy a recent convert whose name is Santiago gave the most beautiful pure testimony...it was for Andy ..every word. He talked about how good he felt during the lessons and how loved he felt by the people at church. The miss. told him that he could have that with him all the time if he wanted to. Santiago remembered how loved he felt and he did the same for our investigator. He just put his big arm around him and took him to class. This man is just full of love. He is one of the those guys that you just feel loved by when he shakes your hand and doesnt even say anything. ITs like getting a hug from mom. I love this rama already.

My favorite family that I told you about invited us over for FHE again. They are awesome! I remember in my blessing that I was told I would find sisters, grandmas, and best friends. That is happening here and it happened in Santander. None of them will ever be able to replace you guys but Im thankful for their friendships while Im here. Somedays are a little rough, especially when I cant express myself. The other day one of the singles guys in the ward that is 30 thinks that I told him that he is guapo. I explained later to my comp. what I was trying to say. Oh well some guy in the ward thinks I have a crush on him. He was looking at my funny at church. Oh well I leave in a couple months and he will forget.

Oh other random thing that is kind of weird and funny and very typical of mission life. WE taught a witch the other day. She had a glass ball on her table and everything. We also had a neat lesson with Pedro and Mery. WE watched the Restoration with them and bore our testimonies. Pedro was just shaking his head the whole time and saying that he agreed. He said that we must feel very strongly about this message to come so far away from our families for so long. I almost busted in to tears. For someone to recognize that, is a miracle to me.

Its so true, Im here so far away from the people I love the most because I know Christ lives and that he is our Savior. We can be clean from sin and have peace of mind. When we are living clean lives the Holy Ghost will flow through our entire bodies. I have felt that over and over again as I testify and as I hear others testify. I know this is the work of the Lord. I know because the Spirit has testified to me that the things I teach our true. I love feeling the Spirit so strongly everyday. I love you guys so much! I hope you understand how much!

Love,The Sister

No comments: