Monday, January 5, 2009

Logan - Elche Week 8

1.05.09

Well all my Christmas cards this Christmas really paid off last week. I recieved Packages from Grandpa and Grandma Layton, The Bertoldos, and Jared and Christina. Then I got letters from The Hepworths, Jessica, Laura, The Chambers, and Mom. I also recieved Grandpa and Grandma Gogartys Christmas Card and Money. Thank you everyone so much, It was a great boost durning the week. Well this week has been pretty exciting I wrote down a few things that happened in my planner because I didnt want to forget. We had our interviews witht he president in Alicante this week and so we were rirding the train up the coast to Alicante and stopped in a little beach town to pick up some more people. There was an elderly lady that was trying to get off the train and 3 man standing by her but not lending an arm to help her down. The train is a good little drop and tricky to hop off. From where Elder Tanner and I were sitting we just saw an old lady hit the ground out of the train and we couldnt see her legs becasue they were between the train and the pad. We Immedietly ran from the coach and jumnped out to help her becasue the train was about to leave. We didnt have much time but the others Elders got a bandana from someone in our coach and tissues. Then we quickly bandaged her leg but it was bleeding perfusily. We picked her up and set her on the Bench and then we had to hop back on the train before we got left there. Someone on the train called the Ambulance and I hope it got there okay. The cut was really deep and I felt bad for the lady becasue she had no idea what even happened due to the shock. I wasnt even thinking the whole time because the adrenaline nither was Elder Tanner but I realized that I did learn some things working in the ER with Dad. thats the exciting story for the week. On the other side of things the work here has been going amazingly well. The columbian family I talked with in Church Yesterday and they were fasting and I saw them pay their tighting. Whith which I was extremely happy to see. Its very pleasing to see their faith and commitment growing everyday. I feel very fortunate in being a small part of helping them change. Fast sunday has turned into my favorite sunday. I have seen the most miracles come through fasting. It almost seems extra special during the mission or maybe I just wasnt doing it right before but I really enjoying the first Sunday of the month. My testimony has greatly increased form ly law of fast. Everything is going really well here. THe piso is great and we are still sharing all expenses whihc saves us money and helps us ot eat much better when we are eating in piso. We are having the Baptism of Jamie a 15 yr old girl this saturday so I am excited about that as well. She has gained a strong testimony through reading the Book of Mormon. We had a fun time for new year at a members house. We had a feast of meat that they cooked on open flames and at midnight we ate 12 grapes. Thats the tradition here here I guess its good luck if you eat them all before the last bell strikes. I told them I like our tradition in America better, kissing a girl right when the ball drops. They thought that was wierd. Well Love you all have a great week. My B-day is coming up and the only thing I can think of is one can of A and W root beer would be fantastic. And maybe some more pics of the family. I will just bee using the card Emily sent me for my camera by the way. Love you All Elder G

No comments: