Monday, January 5, 2009

Emily - Vigo Week 3

1.05.09

Hello my beautiful family....Im sorry it has taken soooo long for me to send a card full of pictures. Remember how I wasnt a myspace freak like Logan and Sarah before the mission. Im not constantly taking pics. of myself so it takes a little while to fill up a card. Im glad you enjoyed the pictures and the videos. Im working on the next card. I got a letter from mom. THANK YOU!Today we went to a pueblo about 50 minutes away from here. It was really pretty. We walked around and took some pictures and then sat down at a cafe and ate churros con chocolate a la taza. Today it is really really cold. I got sick again last week and had to stay in. Sore throat, fever, chills, it was a little different than what I had a couple weeks ago. Im pretty much over it but my ear has been plugged for almost two weeks now. Im pretty much ready for winter to be OVER. I never want to see rain again. SORRY SISTER!I had a great day at church on Sunday. We are teaching a guy whose name is Jose Enrique. He is from here and he is about 30 years old. His wife left him and he moved back in with his mom. He started drinking, smoking and he doesnt have work. We taught him about prayer in the last visit and he prayed, it was beautiful. I love hearing people pray for the first time. He prayed mostly for us and after he was finished I asked him if he felt tranquilo and he said yes. I promised him that he would always feel that as he continues to pray. He is trying to quit smoking but he is a really nervous person and depressed. Anways I can see that little by little he is changing and wanting to be a better person. We invited him to church and we stopped by and he was asleep. We were of course bummed but than 20 mins. after the meeting started he showed up. He has long hair and drives a motorcycle. I was praying that the members would help him feel welcome. It was so good to see him at church. We are also teaching Ricky from Nigeria. He loves the bible but we are trying to help him love the BOM too. We left him with 1 Nephi 11 and he understood it so well. Another miracle is we found a menos activo that lives there too. His name is Charly and he is so cool. We invited him in on the lesson and asked him to come to church. He came with Ricky. He was baptized in Madrid and didnt know where the capilla was here so he started attending another church. I asked him why he was baptized and also to explain to me what the day was like. Oh he had the biggest smile on his face as he told us about his special day. I felt the spirit as he told me about his baptism. I LOVED seeing everyone at church, it made my day. I wish we could have everyone in church every Sunday. Ive been really trying to focus on always giving good direct compromisos and Ive really seen a change in the people we teach. I try to focus on one thing, either prayer, BOM reading or church. I want to help them get really strong in at least one of these things and then they will be able to do the others. Im learning to be more direct. I dont have time to beat around the bush. I wish I would have felt that before. Im excited to take these last six months and really end well. I have a lot of weaknesses but I really can see what I need to do. I pray that Heavenly Father will help me to complete with what I was called here to do. Ive learned so much but I can still see that there is much to learn. I also pray that my body will allow me to keep going. I feel like an old beaten up car that just keeps getting little repairs to keep it going for a little longer. I had to hobble home last night because something happened to my foot. Its bruised all under my toes. I think it was from my shoe. Anways it felt good to walk in tennis shoes today. I want to wear them everyday. I know with all my heart that the church was restored to the earth through a prophet. Praying, reading and attending church can change your life. They are three really small things but I know they work and keep us on track. My greenie is coming on Wednesday. I hope she is a very patient person. Im going to love her and do my best to help her feel great. I will just let her learn little by little like our investigators. I will let you know next week how its going. I love you sooooooooooo much and Im excited to talk to you again in May. That doesnt seem to far away. Les quiero con todo mi corazon.Love,The Sister

No comments: