Friday, June 26, 2009

Logan - Week 24 Lorca

6.22.09

Happy Fathers Day!

I recieved letters from ashley, Jess, Emily and Mom thank you very much

Well I got emilys camera card this week and that was very fun to see brenna and everyone. I also liked hearing about the surf comp. 2nd place dad thats way good. You guys better watch out next year though I ll be back!

Everything is going well here we actaully have two kids that want to get baptized but the parents wont let them. THe parents want them goingto church but wont come themselves, they told me that the kids need it but wont let them get baptized. Thats a little frustrating especially because the kids have really been converted. The One kid from Rumania told me about how he recieved his answer and what it felt like and said that he wants to get baptized and serve a mission like me but hes worried his parents wont ever let him. We will see what happens. I pray that things will change in the near future.
I had my first intercambios which is where we change comps and being Dl I am supposed to help them and their areas. I always thought they were kind of a waste of time but I wanted to actually have it make a differeance andI felt like it went really well. THey have been lacking on their contacts and I practiced and hleped the ELder with it a little bit and this week they did better then they ever had so that felt good to do somthing and see it work. I have three baptism interviews this week which will be intresting as well. I have never done oneof those before.
We have a baptism this Saturday and I am excitied about that and we will also have a couple being baptized after getting married the following week. My comp and I will actually get to be the witnesses for the wedding so that will be fun. I have been working with this family for a long time and I am glad I get to be here for their baptism that is finally goingto happen. I had to visiti offices in Murcia for them etc. to find out what they needed to do to get married. The husband has been truly converted and will be a great leader in the church.
Well not much else to say sorry this way kind of boring. EVerything is going well, its really hot and I hope and am pretty sure I will be getting moved to a new location in three weeks. We wills ee though because things could change witht the new president. We go to ALicante tommorrow for our last confrence with President Waddell. Then the following week again to Alicante to have one witht ht enew president. I miss you all and Love you. Send some pictures! I like how you play with brenna like a cat I think thats way funny. Have a greta day !

Much amor,

Elder G

No comments: