Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Logan - Valencia Week 10

7.28.08

No the package is still not here I assume its lost for good. You guys should be expecting it soon hopefully it goes back to your house.

THis week has been a lot of fun last monday we went to a bull fight in a huge stadium and had quite the show I will send pics when I get the next package. Today we are renting 4 man bikes and riding through the park. I am pretty excited I want to buy water guns and have a war between the hermanas. THis week I also made a balance board out of a desk top and a fire extinguisher. Its pretty fun and everyone in the PIso is commited to learning surfing when they get off the mission.

The mission life is very fun we see the craziest things everyday. Your with your best friend exploring new places seeing new things trying new foods and most importantly feeling the joy that comes from sharing the gospel with whoever will listen. I am really enjoying this time. This is one of the best experiances I have ever had.

Yesterday I had to translate for some Africans in church and I felt like I did a pretty good job, its very tricky listening and speaking at the same time. I was doing well untill Patricias two year old started climbing all over me and demanding some attention. THe ward has really grown since we got here its amazing to see. We had a fake MTC for the members the other night and each pair aof missionaries taught a chapter from preach my gospel. It was a lot of fun. ONe of my students was a missionary that served in this mission and lives in Santander. Hermana Arengur knows emily and had just seen her so it was fun to talk to her about how things are going up North. She did say my spanish was better then yours but I am not sure if I beileve that. SHe said all of the missionaries need to speack it more up there.

WE have weeks where we fast from Eglish and I think that is what helps the most. Also durning one of the Classes a man stood up he wasnt a member but he was a friend of a member and he said he had an experiance to share. He pulled out a knife and satrted telling us how he had divine power to control the weather. He showed us how to make three crosses in wood around you and then told us the words to say and he promised it would stop any storm. The HErmanasa were teaching and quite frigthened seeing he had a knife out so I stood up and helped him to his seat thanking him for his comment. He was off his rocker thats for sure.

Tell Devin I am sorry I am always trying to do my emails so fast I realized it was him half way through the week. Tell him he is making the right decision in getting baptized. the surfing sounds incredible I am excited to shred some waves with you when I get home. NOt a lot more going on. I love you all thanks for the prayers. Emily thanks for your letter sounds like your having similar amazing experiances. I feel like I learn so much everyday I really love and enjoy this work.

Love Logan

Dad Thanks for your great letters the canose story was great. I am very content right now I ll be getting a new companion in two weeks and I am a wee bit nervous but I am sure everyhting will be great. It is hard to keep the piso clean especially after the kids that had their moms baby them their entire life. Dad please send Athletes foot cream as wel somthing strong nothing I buy is working. Maybe you can slip it in the the first package when you get it back.

No comments: