Monday, December 29, 2008

Emily - Vigo Week 2

12.29.08

Dearest Family...
I had thee most interesting Christmas of my life.It was like no other Christmas in my life. I didnt try to make it how it is at home. The Elders came over for piso checks and they a small little tree over in the corner with out presents. They freaked out and couldnt believe we didnt have gifts. I loved how we spent our Christmas. After the phone call we went to an investigators house whose name is Manuel Santos. He is from Portugal. He invited a bunch of his random friends over so that we could come over. We spent Christmas Eve with him, a Spaniard Ateo, a woman from Colombia, and a doctor from Cuba. WE ate a bunch of shrimp and bacaloa-dont know if that is spelled right. ANyways the food was pretty good but it was especially interesting to be with such a diverse group of people. They werent quite sure what to do with us. Manuel Santos is like the man off of Mr. Kroogers Christmas in some ways. He treats us like his daughters. He is very lonely. Anyways everyone just asked us questions the whole night. I loved it and I loved how confident I felt with a bunch of doctors/business men talking to me about my beliefs. I know the Spirit is what gave me the confidence. We left them with a hymn, silent night after we had to run out because the lady from Colombia had to leave. The spirit was so strong as we sang of our Savior Jesus Christ. They just kept shaking our hands and telling us how much of an honor it was to spend this holiday with us. It was a really neat experience.
On Christmas we went to a home of a family that has a few problems. The mother is Catholic but wants us to help her son. She treats us very kindly but always leaves as we begin to teach. In this visit she stayed because we watch Joy to the World together, she loved it. I testified of Jesus Christ as my Savior after the movie ended. He and his girlfriend arent sure at this time what they believe but I know they felt something special. The girl was just looking at me straight in the eyes while I talked. People are progressing little by little.
For lunch we ate with a member and her two daughters. Her name is Eugenia. WE had an amazing lunch from Venezuela and we played with the girls and their new tea set. They are an awesome family and I already feel really close to the mom. She told us of how different this year has been for her as she tried to help her daughters focus of the true meaning of Christmas. She shared a special story wiht us and I felt strengthened by her.
For dinner we went to another investigators house. They made us more shrimp and ribs. They are from Peru. I ate more shrimp in these last few days than in my whole life. Their son is a member in Peru and they are now taking the lessons. They are having a hard time getting rid of old traditions. They treated us so kindly and we shared a message with them about our Savior Jesus Christ and the sacrifice He made for us.
All the in between time we spent taking cookies to people. It was a beautiful Christmas. I loved testifying of my Savior Jesus Christ and telling people why Im really here. I was worried about not having visits with members but it was wonderful spending it with people who are learning of Him and His church.
I know that Jesus Christ came to the earth. He was crucified and He payed for our sins. After three days he was resurrected and all of us will receive that same gift. As I continue to study, teach, and learn more of Him, I cannot deny that He is my Savior and my Reedemer. I know that He lives and loves me. Im grateful to represent Him, especially at this time. I pray that I will be able to find the people who are ready to hear His message and feel of His love.
I loved visiting with you. I love you all soooooo much. Thank you for loving me and supporting me.
Love,
The Sister

No comments: