Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Emily - Santander Last Week

7.21.08
Hello Everyone that I love...I have emails from Dad, Grandma, and Grandpa. Thank you so much Im exicted to read them when I get home. Also I got a letter from brother this week. I love you brother. I have some pretty big news. Im heading out and Im scared out of my mind. Tomorrow at 7 in the morning I get on a bus for like eight hours. I don´t think logan and I have the chance of seeing each other anymore. Although I will be closer to home now. Im going to A CouruÑa another town on the coast. I will be with an hermana that has one transfer in the mission but already speaks Spanish because GUESS WHAT she is from Ecuador! Oh and she was in the CCM with brother and Im going to be in the same district as one of brothers friends too. I think she has lived in Spain for the last couple years but anyways Im excited to be with her. Her name is Hermana Garcia.

I´m excited to leave and start this new adventure but so scared too. I have no idea what Im doing. Im really going to have to rely on the Lord a lot. I am really happy to know that my Spanish is going to ROCK! It might be rough at first but Ill be thankful later on that I got the Spanish down early on in the mission. Anyways I don´t know what my new address will be but I guess I will miss moms letter this week. Ill try to get it to you as soon as I can. It feels weird to be leaving here. I started packing this morning and felt like I just unpacked yesterday.

Once again time is running out and I want to just share with you a wonderful experience we had this week. We met a man whose name is Dethoria and he is from Congo. We started teaching him and at first I was really frustrated because he doesn´t really speak Spanish very well. I was thinking, oh my goodness he is never going to get this all. I quickly realized that its not important for him to understand everything perfectly. We just need to invite him to come unto Christ. When we shared the first vision tears were rolling down this big, dark man´s cheeks. I don´t think he even understood all the words but he felt the Spirit testify to him. After teaching him he apologized for not being able to give us a drink because he had nothing to give. He lives in a very humble piso. I remembered that I had some food in my bag from another investigator. I left it on my seat. He came to church yesterday and a baptism of an 8 year old girl. He asked us if he could be baptized again even in he was baptized in his country already. Ive never met a more humble man. He doesn´t understand everything and he isn´t even close but he feels the Spirit testify to him that the gospel has been restored.

I love feeling the Spirit so strongly everyday as I testify of Christ´s church. Everything just makes sense. I can´t believe Im a representative of the restored gospel of Jesus Christ.

Sister-I added your email address to one of my friends MSN messanger. She isn´t a member but she is awesome. You guys can try to talk to each other. I love you...write me when you get back from AFY. Brother-Im pretty excited because the other day we found the coolest girls on the street from Valencia. They are probably in their mid twenties. ANyways they were super nice and Im going to send you her address in a letter because I can´t read her handwriting very well. Im so excited to give you a reference, how cool huh? I love you!Sister Jess-I love your baby she is beautiful. You look like a mom. Send me some pics. in the snail mail okay. I love you!brother Coby- haven´t heard from you for a while....please write me. I hope your doing well. I love you!Okay thats all I can get out right now. Im too tired to do emails anymore. Sorry if they are becoming more lame every week. I do love each one of you with all of my heart. I will get you my new address as soon as I can. By the way snail mail letters are starting to slow down quite a bit. Everyone told me this would happen after I had been out for 6 months. I told them that my family was different. I love you!Love,the sister

No comments: