Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Logan - Valencia Week 7

Grandpa Thank you for your email last week! I recieved letters from Mom, Jess, and Ashley B. Thanks for all your letters This week has been quite intresting We had a few really fun eating citas and now some good stories. First we ate at this Mans House Vicente Peris and all 6 of the missionaries ate at his house togther. He opened the oven and there was lamb and ausage mixed with potatoes cooking and it smelt very good. The other elders in our ward dished up the dishes and made sure to pile a lot of food for the hermanas that always want less. ONe of the Hermanas is actualyl going vegetarian in her nextarea so she dosent have to eat the meat lol. Anyways I dont mind getting a big dish because it looks and smells great. I start eating it and the only thing I could l relate the tast too was one time when sphypoinh gas and getting it in my mouth. I felt fumes coming out of my nose I dont now what that guy cooked it in but it tasted like gasoline. I ate it all and then felt funny the rest of the day I was greatfulk he cooked it for us just a lil worried about what the meat sat in. Some missonaries carry plastic scks in their pockets and hide food in their pockets I may have to put this into practice. Al ot of the food is smazing but sometimes its unbearable. We were able to participate in a service project on saturday witht the ward manos que ayeuden hands that help and it was a ton of fun. We took a bus up to a cave that had a waterfall and swimming hole that overlooked a lot of valencia, this is a place I want to take to guys back too. It was beautiful and we helped beautify it by cleaning up the trail to it. I was excited to hear tabout the surfing in glenwood that wave sounds incredible I want to see pictures of that for sure. I am glad you guys or working on getting my venus fly trap I am pretty excited about that. Spain won the Europe cup this weekend so everyone has been going crazy and is generally more happy. The streets are wild at night with people celebrating every night is a party here. Dad you should look into buying a vespa scooter to take surfing at the river. It seems like the perfect vehicle for living in pueblo. I am excited to hear about Jess baby next week dont forget to tell me. The first transfer is up and Elder Hansen is Headed North I am sad to see him leave he reminds me a lot of Coby. Everything else is staying the same I imagine this is my last transfer here in Valencia but we will see. WE are really Working with the ward this transfer and going to get on them to help us a bit more. We also had our first Baptisam this week! Nelson has been baptized and confirmed and is a great editon to the church I have never seen anyone so excited to learn. He has a strong testimony its fun to see him grow. This weeekend we are baptizing Patricia and I am very excited for her as well. We have to go pick up our new elder at the station so I need to leave but sounds like all is well. Happy B-day Emily hope the work is going well over in santander is sounds like a pretty place. Elder Berg in our piso his aunt owns a castle there you might need to check out. Dad congrats on the race I want to do some tris with you when I get back. Have a great weeks thanks for your letters Love you all Elder G

No comments: