Monday, July 14, 2008

Emily - Santander Week 17

7.14.08

Hello Everyone that I Love....Ok I think I finally pulled myself back together during the week after the big cry fest last Monday. One of the Elders asked me how email was and I started balling again. I think I made him feel really sad, he didn´t know what to do. I really want to be there and be a part of that but I do know with all my heart that this is where Im suppose to be. Im grateful to feel so sure about being here. It helps give my fuerza through some of the difficult times. There is no doubt in my mind that Im in the right place right now. Miracles are happening here everyday, sometimes really small ones but there happening. I love this experience. I wish I could describe and show to you what is going on here everyday.

On Saturday I had a really neat experience with a man named Pablo. Ive told you about him before. He has a lot of dudas but we keep going back every Saturday and last Sunday he finally came to church. Him coming to church was a miracle. I think I talked a lil bit about that in the last email but a couple days ago we met with him again. We were teaching the second and it got way off course. My comp. looked at me and was like the spirit isn´t here and I agreed with her. At that moment an idea popped into my head. I needed to tie it back to the Restoration. We talked about overcoming physical and spiritual death. To overcome spiritual death there are steps you have to take-fourth article of faith...right DAD! I told him that baptism and confirmation can only be done with the power of God that was restored through a prophet. The EXACT words that I was suppose to say to him came into my mind. I didn´t even know what I was really saying, I just had words coming through my head in sentences. If that makes any sense. The Spirit took over my whole body. I was shaking as I testified to him of baptism and the Gift of the Holy Ghost given to man under the authority of God. I told him that I knew he could feel somthing right now in the room and he shouldn´t forget that feeling. I also said that when he gets baptized that feeling can be a constant companion. It was a really neat experience and Im thankful for the opportunity to be an instrument in God´s hands.

The experiences Im having right now aren´t like anything Ive experienced in my life before. We really are set apart from the world and its really nice. This week went by so fast, in fact I cannot believe that this transfer is over. I find out on Friday if I am leaving for sure. Im interested to see what will happen.

Today was a great pday. We went to a beautiful arch by the ocean and had lunch. It was nice to get out of Santander but im exhausted. Its hard to not just lay around all day on the piso. I got a letter from brother on Thursday and I loved it. The pics were great. Dad told me that I don´t send enough pics. Im going to try and get some printed off today. Santander really is beautiful. WE saw some amazing stuff today.

Just yesterday I finished five months in the mission and in two days I will have six. Time is... well I dont even know what that word means anymore. This is crazy! I know I represent Christ´s Church and everyday that I testify of that truth my conviction of that truth grows even deeper. I love feeling the Spirit and helping people find out that there is a living prophet on the earth today. One lady the other day that we taught asked us if the Catholic church knew that we have another book of scripture. She too felt like the whole world should know that we have a living prophet that speaks to God and we have another book of scripture. I love this work and everyday Im figuring things out a little more. I feel happpy even though I miss you all like CRAZY! Thank you for loving me and praying for me. I love you!

Love, EM (Hermana Gogarty)

No comments: