Monday, October 13, 2008

Emily - A Coruna Week 11

10.14.08
Hello my Dear Family...
Ok on Wednesday of last week I got three letters from mom, grandma and sister Sarah. Then today I have one from brother and mom. E-mails I have from pops, Sister Jessica, and my dear Grandma. Grandma I am getting your letters, dont worry. I think it just took a little bit longer this week because of a festivo. I loved your letter and the history that you sent of my ancestor. She was a very strong woman and I felt close to her as I read about her life. Im excited to read more. I love you so much!
Well I guess I will start with letting you know about the big changes. On Wednesday my companion is leaving me. Im sad! We have become really close. But we are already planning on her coming to stay for a little while after the mish. She leaves early in the morning and then I hang out at the tren station with the Elders and then my new comp. comes a couple hours later. I will only be with her for three weeks to teach her the city and then we get two new hermanas. One will go to her and then H. Truscott that served with for a little while in Santander will come here to be with me. President decided to make it a four hermana city. Im excited to see what happens with more help. We have such a huge area to cover that its hard to really work and focus in one area. We have investigators spread out all over the place. To walk to the other side of our area is about 45 mins. to an hour. We also do a lot of work in some pueblos that are about 30 minutes away in bus. Ive been studying the map with the district leader and it is up to he and I to divide the city up. Yes, everyone I started to use maps and sometimes I know where Im at but that doesnt mean I ever know which direction Im going. I was a little stressed trying to figure out how to divide everything up but I think no I know our minds were guided in how to do it. It makes sense how we have it now and I know it wasnt my mind that was able to divide it up.
There will be four hermanas in the piso now and Im a little worried about that. Sometimes its scary enough with two girls together 24/7. I wish girls would just beat each other up and get it over with, when they have a problem with each other. Oh well we will see how it goes. I have a lot to clean and organize before they come.
We have zone conference this Saturday and Im really excited for that. I always learn so much and feel inspired to do better. A General Authority will be coming and President asked me to sit in on the leadership meeting that they will have before conference. Im really nervous! I dont know what Im doing. I pray that at least the meeting will be in english but we shall see. There is so much growing to do in the mission, in more ways than one.
We have met with Carmen a couple times this week. She just prays for us and we show up. Its like her name just pops into my head and we happen to be close and we stop by. Then she always tells us that she was praying for us. Her way of having us come by is a lot cheaper than having to use a phone. Her husband left her this week for another lady that lives above them. I guess its been going on for a while. We sang with her and read about the Atonement. I gave her a big hug before we left. We have been trying to help her find a way to move her stuff. She reads the BOM like crazy, its always with her. She has a really strong testimony of the book. She always turns to it when she needs help and guidance. The missionaries have been teaching her for a while but she has never come to church. I hope I can find a way to help her progress. I feel so comfortable in her home. I know I really am finding and meeting the people that were talked about in my fathers blessing before I left.
We have been eating like crazy again because H. Garcia is leaving. We had a fun dinner at Santiagos house again with 2 of our investigators. Also a girl that showed up at the church that is from Texas. She is here all alone and I invited her to come and eat with us too.
An investigator this week said something really interesting that I want to share with you. When ever we have a visit with him its always late, after we have been in the streets all day. He always tells us how tired we look and seems confused by why we do what we do. Every time we come we ask him if he has read and he says no with an excuse. We read a little bit with him and bore our testimonies. He finally said I think I know how you feel. Its like when I know Im right about something and my friend tries to tell me Im wrong but I really know Im right, there is no doubt in my mind. EXACTLY! That is why we keep coming by, even when you havent done your part and we are so tired. We know we carry with us the most important message in the world that is true. When we testify there is no doubt in our mind that what we are telling you is TRUE! We know that if you do your part that the blessings we promise will be given to you. Thats why we keep coming back because we want you to have what we have. I know he understands when we teach and has had the Spirit testify to him on more than one occasion that what we teach is true. Finally the other day I just asked him Andy you know what we teach is true but your scared to change arent you. You dont want to read or pray because your scared to have the truth confirmed to you. He looked at me and didnt deny what I said. I pray that I can help learn to not have fear but to trust in God.
I know that I am a missionary for my Savior Jesus Christ. I love to love people and serve them. I know thats what Christ did when he was on the earth. This is Christs Church there is no doubt in my mind.
Thank you for loving me and praying for me.
Dad-thank you for your inspired letter. I translated it the other day for my comp. because she was having a really hard day. She just cried and cried, it was exactly what she needed to hear too, minus the iron part. Her Dad isnt a member and sometimes she feels all alone. Thank you for your guidance, love and prayers. I know you and Mom are blessing the lives of so many people in Pueblo. Im looking forward to helping you when I get home.
I love you all!!!!!!!
Love,
The Sister

1 comment:

Kristie said...

I just want to thank you guys for sharing this blog with me, I'm so amazed at what amazing missionaries both Gogartys are!!