Monday, October 6, 2008

Logan - Valencia Week 19

10.6.08

I recieved letters from Emily, Madre-2, and Ashley. Thank you for the letters they mean a lot. If you were listening closely in confrence you would have heard he commitment to be writing and supporting the missionaries that are out. I hope I get a lot of letters in the next two weeks.
Well we had a great week every monday I can hardly remember what even happened. I do remember eaten with our Africian recent converts which was a very intresting experiance. In spanish when a souviner in a recuerdo like somthing you remember. WEll occasioanally we smell somthing as missionaries that remind us of home or somthing of the past. Like the other day I smelt shampoo and it took me back to river surfing with Aaron. He must have used to same kind because it was vvery strong and distinct smell. Anyways when we walked into these Africans house I had another smell recuerdo and it took me back to the pueblo zoo unfourtanetly. The reason it was unfourtanate was becasue the odor was coming from our plate of food. IT was called Ban-koo, You pretty muct roll up a ball of stick mash potatoes in your hand, dipp it into a pile of gunk and then swallow it whole. It was suprisingly pretty decent but we could harldy work after. I told The African man that it was very heavy in my stomach and he said in Africa we eat to live. Lol .
COnfrence was amazing this weekend. Saturday Night we watched one session and then all sunday we watch the rest. The members are tougher here. We had all four sessions on Sunday. I really enjoyed it though and took notes the whole time. Some many of my questions were answered and I felt the spirit so strongly throughout the whole thing. I cant imagine being apart of a church that dosent claim priesthood authority or have a Prophet. I know Tohomas S. Monson is a Prophet because as I raised my hand to sustain him 6 months ago in the MTC with 2,000 other Elders I felt the fire of the Holy Ghost tell me right then and there that he was the Prophet. I really anjoyed all the confrence talks and I cant remember which one it was but They were talking about how some of Jospeh Smiths Prophecys had been fulfilled or were being fulfilled. It reminded me of a scripture in Romans I think chapter 8 but it says that you can know if a prophet is true if his prophecys come true. Joshpeh Smith Prophisied of the missionary work that we are currently aengaged in. He said that ift would go forth boldy and nobly until Chirst comes again. We can see that happening as we have sent out over 1000000 missionaries to all parts of the world. This church is true. Anyone can come to know that if they will just humble themselevs and ask with real intent. Meaning that they are willing to change if they do recieve an answer. Not just asking to know if its false or not. Everything is going well. I am truly greatful for the oppurtunity to be part of such a great work. Love you all

Elder G

No comments: