Monday, October 27, 2008

Emily - A Coruna Week 13

10.27.08
Hello my dear family...Can you believe that October is over. Im calling home in about two months and I cant wait to hear your voices. I got letters from Mel, brother and mom and emails from Pops, my trainer and my dear Grandma. Thank you all, I love you so much. A couple funny things...Im pretty sure that Im loosing my mind. The other day while I was eating something right out of the fridge I blew on it to cool it down. My comp. was just staring at me like I was crazy and then I realized what I was doing. There are so many things in my mind all the time, its crazy!Another funny story or random I guess but normal in the mission...We went to teach the first lesson to a really nice Brazilian lady on Saturday morning. She opened the door and it was obvious that she had just woken up. We wanted to watch a new DVD with her called Finding Happiness. We went to the living room and the DVD player didnt work and so she told us to follow her into another room. Well she turned on the light and there was a man asleep in his bed. I was like oh its okay we can let him sleep and instead we will just talk in the sala. Its so funny to be in random peoples homes all day. At first it was weird but now its weird that its not weird...hope that makes sense. Carmen my friend from Cuba was on my mind again a lot a couple of days ago. We stopped by and her eyes were full of tears. She has a lot going on right now. I just gave her a big hug. She has like three pages of registro and has never come to church but she knows its all true. We stopped by for her yesterday and helped her and her mom get ready and they came!!! It was fun to walk with them to church. The mom is kind of loosing her mind and she is so funny. When I was fixing her hair she told me she was going to find a boyfriend for herself in the capilla. We walked with our arms hooked together to the church. She always tells me the most random things also because she cant hear and she just wants to talk. Sometimes she doesnt know when Im praying and she pats my arms during the prayer. Then she just talks during the whole prayer and every once in a while I look up at her so she doesnt feel left out. I really love those women and I pray that Carmen felt loved and comforted at church on Sunday. We went to the Brazilians house again on Sunday. Ediluza the mom needed a Book of Mormon and asked me to bring her one. I handed it to her and then she came running back and said hermana you didnt write in it. Its funny how all the converts and accustomed to having a blue covered BOM with the testimony of a missionary in the front. I sat down on her couch and wrote her a little note with my testimony. We taught them the story of Nephi going to get the golden plates with pictures. We have to be really creative when we teach because we teach a group of like ten people of all ages. Josinaldos and his wife didnt come to church and it made me sad. Their kids are singing the hymns and praying and I pray that their parents will see the need to change and raise their family in the gospel. After the lesson the kids were really excited for me to hook more links on to their chain. I told them that they could hook them on while Im gone but their mom said that its my job to decide how many to add. I love them so much and I feel right at home with them. I feel the Spirit so strongly as we pray, sing, and talk about the gospel together. Yesterday we sang Families Can Be Together Forever and I was almost crying. Brother told me he is on the verge of tears like all the time and I feel the same way. We are like old people that cry about everything. It really is amazing to be so set apart from all the crap in the world. Katherin is so appreciative for the medicine. They are like my family here too. We taught her the law of chastity the other day and it was awesome. She is so firm and confident in her beliefs. Its fun to watch a young girl take hold of the gospel and be filled with confidence. We had a good chat and we talked about what her friends tell her. She is a good girl and I feel kind of like her big sister. I talk to her like I talk to Sarah. I hope that I can help her more and that she can continue to be strong in the gospel. They gave us some cookies and hot cocoa after the visit. The mom always gives me the I love NY cup to drink out of because she thinks it helps me feel closer to home. So sweet!!Mom and Dad-I love your letters and I love you both with all my heart. Its raining a lot now and my feet are always wet. I guess we are allowed to wear boots right now because of the weather. My comp. bought me some and I need to pay her back. They were 155.00 dollars...ahhh sorry. Could you please put some money in my account. Thank you so much. Just go ahead and put 500 dollars in for every trip dad has taken since I left. Wow we have a lot of traveling to do and a lot of shopping when I get home. Dad is going to pay me back either with beatings or vactions, your choice!I love you all so much. I know this is Christs church because the Spirit testified to me that its true. I love feeling the Spirit. I love representing my Savior. I know that He lives and that He died for me. I love you all soooooo much!!!! I miss you!!!!Love,The Sister

No comments: