Monday, October 20, 2008

Logan - Valencia Week 21

10.20.08

Emily thanks for your letter. I havent got the mail today yet I am pretty sure Moms should be waiting.

This week has been great. Our piso tension finally got so high that everyone snapped! Lol the week was crazy but everyone is on good terms now. I was messing with one of the Elders and he had had a hard week and then I was the needle on the hay stack he finally snapped and tried to fight me. Needless to say I got him in control and he apoligized. Working out very morning paid off. I wont go into anymore details but we are all working a lot better togther now. Living togther with a bunch of people you love but may not neccesarily like to much is a new experiance. I have definetly learned a few things for the married life.
This weekend my Comp and I spoke at a baptism and I felt the spirit so strongly. The whole weekend has just been very edifying. Church went very good as well. The spirit was also present in the meeting. Its so hard to describe the Holy Ghost to people, but is vital because the people we are teaching have to know what it feels like in order to become converted. It is the only way we can know of truth without having to see it. I have been studying a lot and my understanding of things has grown immensely. I know that its not because of me though it has all happened through the holy ghost. As I am studying I really feel like my mind is just illuminated and I learn exactly what I need for the day. As well with the Spanish I just realize that I could have never learned it by myself. I am very greatful for the help we recieve through the Holy Ghost in all that we do.
I have started learning another language. Its called pigeon! The africans speak it and its basically just degenerated english with no rules what so ever. There is no written ttt for it. I am understanding it now though and I want to start speaking becuase we run into a lot of Africans on the streets.
Thanks for all your love. Dad I was a lil jealous reading your email, you are traveling a lot without me. I want some surf trips when I get back. Please also send some more family pictures of all of us. Everything is going well here yesterday was my 7 month mark crazy! Have a great week cant wait to hear form you next week. I will be getting Transfered the 3rd Of novemember its almost 100 percent sure but then again I did say that last transfer. Love you !

Elder G

No comments: