Monday, October 6, 2008

Emily - A Coruna Week 10

10.6.08

Oh my Family...
I have so much to tell you that I dont even know where to start. First I would like to tell you thank you for your prayers. I know you are really praying specifically for me and I can tell you that its really helped me this week. I have emails from Dad, Sarah and my trainer. I also got a snail mail from mom. I am so blessed to have you as my family.
I had a couple really neat experiences this week that helped remind me, why Im really here. On Saturday morning we went to visit a less active member that lives in a pueblo. About six months ago her son was going to be baptized but couldnt because the dad wouldnt get permission. We actually had put her name down to go see her but kind of as a back up plan if our potentials list failed us. We pressed her timbre and aksed for an investigator and she was like she doesnt live here who is this. We told her that we were the missionaries and she said this is Veronica come up and see me. I know that it wasnt a coincidence that we accidentally knocked her door. We went up and she just let everything out. It was like she had been waiting for us to come all morning or for months. She bore her testimony to us of everything and I couldnt figure out what was keeping her from coming to church. Then, she told us about her X husband and a mistake she made many many years ago. She of course loves her children and is a wonderful mother but is suffering from a mistake she made when she was a lot younger. Her X husband keeps them from enjoying the blessings of the gospel. I could see in her eyes how much she is suffering. I just told her how much God loves her and that the mistake she made years ago can be forgiven. I told her that she is a beautiful and wonderful mother. I told her how mindful God is of her and how thankful I was to be with her. I could feel Gods love and Christs mercy for this women that I had just met. I did my best to let her know what I know They wanted her to know. I was crying because I just felt overwhelmed by how much she needed to hear that someone loves her and that she is forgiven. She was crying to and I just gave her a hug like she was my long lost sister.
This week we also had a visit with our friend Rosemary from Brazil. She comes to church with us every Sunday. We are her best friends here in A Coruna and she loves spending time with us. Anyways we taught her about the plan of Salvation. We didnt have a bunch of time but I knew that I needed to focus on HER purpose, Gods love for HER personally. I told her that He knows her by name and He loves her so much. Tears welled up in her eyes and the only thought that came to my mind is I wonder when the last time was that she heard someone tell her that they love her and really mean it. She left home when she was about 16 because her mother died. She doesnt really have any strong family attachments.
Yesterday after conference we went and visited Katherin and Jakelin. They are from Uruguay and she got baptized when I first got here. Anyways they werent able to come to conference and I wanted to tell them a little bit about it. I was really touched by President Monsons talk that he gave Sunday morning. Its through the stress of life that we forget what is really important which is the people around us. I feel like Ive let that happen a couple times on my mission now. Through stress of the numbers, maps, area book, planning, schedule and everything else I forget sometimes whats really important and that is to share my love. I am so blessed to have so many people that love me. I know that my purpose here in Spain is to invite people to come unto Christ. I have felt so much better this week as I have shared my love with members, non members, inactive people and so on. After I told Jakelin and Katherin a little bit about the Prophets talk I told them how much I love them. They always invite us to come in and they always give us heated up hot chocolate and cookies. They are like my family here. I always write them in my journal but I realized in the Prophets talk how important it is to tell people and show them your love for them. In this busy crazy hectic life we all need to stop and remember what is important. What are we going to do in the life to come? I plan on being with my family and the ones that I love. The relationships we make here in this life can and will continue into the next.
Dad-I loved your letter and the experience you shared with your east side friend. I will start taking my iron thats probably it. We hardly ever eat meat, only with the Brazilians. I was taking a multivitamin everyday and I ran out. I love what your doing with Mom in regards to the missionary work in Pueblo. Do you think you two could move here and help us? You two are doing exactly what every missionary wishes the ward missionaries would do. Thank you for marrying mom. Thank you for being my Dad. I love you both so dearly.
Sister Sarah- I cant wait to get your letter. I dont want to see the word marry in your letters ever again. We are going to be single and have fun for at least a year when I get home. I love you my dear friend.
I loved the Prophets talk. I didnt get to listen to everything because of the time difference but Im excited to get the Ensign. I want each of you to know that I know that this is Christs Church, restored on the earth through a living Prophet. There is no doubt in my mind that Thomas S. Monson is Gods living prophet. I felt sad for the people in A Coruna yesterday when there were only about 30 people in the whole city that knew there was a living prophet speaking to the world. We are so blessed to have the gospel in our lives. Share it in any way you can. Even sharing your love by giving someone a hug or a note is a way of sharing Christ like love.
I love you all soooo very much. I miss you sooo very much. Thank you for your prayers and support.
Love,
The Sister

No comments: