Monday, October 13, 2008

Logan - Valencia Week 20

10.14.08
Well first off buisness... I recieved letters from Mom, Jenny, and Audrey today I was pretty excited. They were all great and Audrey thanks for the pictures they were great. Jenny I want to see you class project preiview so send it!

For the next package whenever you do send it I would really appreciate a new brush to my electric tooth brush brand:Oral B Vitality. I hope you can find it. Second I have been cutting a lot of hair and I would like a short book on that so I can do a better job and maybe start charging. Lastly that body language book that you said you were sending I would appreciate that. There is no hurry for these things just whenever its convienet.

This week has been amazing, today we went and explored ruins of an old castle with the whole zone. We had a lot of fun and I just really felt greatful to be here in Spain seeing and experiancing so many new things. So many times in life we are always just looking for whats next instead of just enjoying right now. Like president Monson said last week. I am very content and happy to be here.
I had an intresting experiance this week. Our recent Convert Nelson from venezula speaks russian and english as well. We somehow ran into a member from russia and for obvious reasons had trouble communicating with her. We called Nelson and he came over and translated a lesson we gave her from spanish to Russian. She then asked us for a blessing of comfort. I gave her a blessing in English while Nelson translated it into Russian. It was a very neat experiance and I always feel the spirit so strongly as I exersize the priesthood power. The church is true, I have been studying like crazy lately everything and the more I learn the stronger my conviction of the church grows. Our church is not just another sect. It is the same church Chirst formed while he was here. We have the same authority that christ gave his apostles (LUKE 6:1-9) and I am so greatful for it. Just from the logical standpoint its true and then we are blessed enough to have the Holy ghost confirm that truth through feelings and thoughts that are not your own.
We had a rather exciting experiance this week also when a snake tried to get us. We call the girls snakes, ones that show too much intrest in us even though they know we are missionaries. There is a Women in the ward that is 26 or somthing and she likes the missionaries. We make sure we always take another male to her house just in case anything happens. Its a misison rule to always have another male with you in a womens house just in case anything were to happen they can testify in court. Well this crazy lady called us and said she had made us some food and she wanted to give it to us. We said we would stop by and pick it up. We show up to her house and the door is open and I peek in. She has candles lit all through the house, a wall of different fragrances hit me in the face and, soft music was playing. When she came to the door and tried to get us to come in I was just like are you kiddding. She knows clearly the rule that we have. So I just said NOOOOOO we are fine its aganist the rules. So she gave us the food very angrily and slammed the door. It was rediculous.
We also had a man visiting form japan at church this week and he spoke englkish so I was able to translate the meeting for him. I feel like I am fairly dewcent at translating I am able to listen and speak at the same time. Its hard to explain but I feel like I am developing the skill. I have started memorizing a scripture everyday to use in lessons and to develop a photogrphic memory. Its going well so far. I have 10 masterys memorized and am able to use them frequently. Thanks for everyones letters and prayers. I lvoe you all so much, have a great week.

Elder G

No comments: