Monday, October 27, 2008

Logan - Valencia Week 13

10.27.08

Jenny thanks for your letter and Mom thank you as well. The week has flown by once again. Please dont send anymore mail to the valencia address after today. I have a week more here and the next time we talk i will be in a new area with a new companion. Dad please post this blog today so people know not to send mail here anymore. Just hold onto it for a week untill I get my new adress. The week has been great we had a very inspiring zone confrence and I learned a lot. President compared us to the Rescuers of the Martain and willy hand cart companies. He explained the story in great detail and then related everything they did to us. He talked about their obedience in following President Youngs council, the sacrifice the went through and how they didnt stop until they died, and also the help they recieved from on high. The zone confrence was great and I felt like it was especially related to me as I thought about Daniel W. Jones one of My ancestors who took part in the rescue group. One of the quotes President used while he was describing what happened was from Daniel W. Jones and he used the one where he said I told them that we were better then angels becasue we had what they needed. I felt the spirit very strongly as he described the efforts of the heroic group that saved a lot of people. The spirit was felt very strongly and I felt greatful to be related to such a great man that set such a good example for all of us. We have been working hard with a lot of people this week but had to change both of our baptismal dates becuase no one showed up for church yesterday. That is probly the most frustrating thing for me. One of the kids we are teaching is 17 and we just started teaching his family. We had a great lesson and I felt like I had a ton of hlep with my spanish as I was able to describe everything needed without problems. Its amazing to see how much help I have recieved with my spanish. I know its all been from the Lord. We are going to relax today and get things ready for the transfer. Its crazy to think I will be living with a new person new piso new people new place nect week and I wont know till sunday, the day before. I like the thought of that. I love change and suprises. Thanks everyone for your letters please wait till next week when I post my new address. Love you all Elder G

No comments: