Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Emily - Vigo Week 10

3.10.09

Hey Fam...Well the week went really fast and slow. It continues to be weird to me how mission time can be that way. We had a great p-day last Tuesday. A girl from Venezuela showed up at church. She works for a company that travels all over the world by boat looking for oil. She is a navigator. She invited us to come and check out the boat they are building. It is suppose to be ready this Wednesday for them to head out towards the US. They work five weeks on five weeks off. She was so excited to be with Mormons. After the tour she took us out to eat and bought us all lunch. The boat was insane. There were so many cables and wires everywhere. Everyone on the boat was from a different country but they all have to speak english. We talked to everyone and it was really cool to hear what they do. I think it made the Elders think a little bit more about what they want to do with their lives. In the port there were millions of guys working on the boat. Des, H. Rudder and I were like the only girls. Everyone was staring at us. I asked her if she ever gets nervous and she said the men that she works with take good care of her. It was fun for me to be with her and it made me start thinking up more adventures. Oh good story about that trip one of the Elders was talking to one of the men that work on the boat. The Elder asked him where he was from and he said the UK. Well the poor little Elder thought he said the Ukraine. Then he was like well what language do you speak there. The man was like ahhh english. Ohhh it was funny, especially because the man didnt even crack a smile. I tried not to laugh but it was hard.Oh my comp just reminded me to tell you that she knows Elder Wasden. We were looking through the pics from home and she was like oh I know him. He is from her home stake. CRAZY!We had Ricky´s baptism last night. I was a little stressed out but everything went really well. Camila a friend in the ward that lived in Utah for a long time came and played prelude music on her violin. It was beautiful! Yago a younger Spaniard that was baptized less than a year ago did the baptism. He doesnt speak a ton of english but he is always so good about talking to Ricky at church. He was really excited and nervous when Ricky asked him to do the baptism. He did the prayer in english and spanish. He was so nervous but he practiced a million times and did everything perfectly. He had even practiced things to say to Ricky like...Ricky Im bery happy far you, tank you far choosing me (keep the accent in mind). Anyways it was a great experience for both of them. All the missionaries sang together, Senor te necesito. I think in english it is I Need Thee Every Hour. I felt a very sweet Spirit last night. I love going to baptisms. We asked Ricky how he felt and he was just like, good good very good. Hey brother I have a funny beso story too. My greenie forgot that we cant give besos. A Dad of a family that we just started teaching definatley gave my companion dos besos. Then he came for me and I stiff armed him. It was SUPER AKWARD! He got kind of embarrassed and I just giggled a little and sat down. Its hard to get embarrassed anymore. So many akward things happen on the mission that I would have an ulcer by now if I worried about all of it. We also got cursed by some type of witch. We knocked into her and for about 5-10 minutes she prayed that the devil that was in us would be taken out. My greenie was freaking out the poor thing. I tried to talk to her but she just closed her eyes and prayed over us. There was a really weird creepy feeling. Anyways I think she was trying to freak us out so I just stayed calm. I bore my testimony and then told her it was nice to meet her. Once again there has been so many experiences like that, that its not worth getting worked up over. When we got in the elevator my greenies eyes were the size of apples, poor thing. I pretended like that was an out of the ordinary experience. No really Im very honest with her. I think its better that way. We are stil having a great time together. She just got a package from home and it was awesome. Its so weird to see stuff from the US and in english. Well I love you all so much. Thank you for your prayers and love. The weather is still nice although it rained for a day or two, its back to sun today. Love,The Sister

No comments: