Monday, March 16, 2009

Emily - Vigo Week 11

3.16.09

Hi Family...Today is my 14 months in the mission mark. I cant believe its been so long since Ive seen you. Ricky was confirmed on Sunday by a man that served his mission in California and speaks english REALLY well. You can hardly notice when he switches over. He gave a beautiful blessing and Ricky was smiling soooo big as he walked back to his seat. He will recieve the Aaronic Priesthood next Sunday. Im very happy for him. Our only problem right now is getting him to wear a tie. He HATES ties. Will see where that goes. He is so funny.We have been teaching a bunch of people from Romania lately. We started teaching this young mother who was left here while her husband went looking for work anywhere in Europe. She is really lonely and invited us to come by whenever. We set up a visit and when we got there she had invited all of her family too. It was awesome. One of the men listening told us that about 7 years ago he was homeless and some missionaries from our church brought him blankets and food on the street. He made us dinner to repay them. It was a humble little dinner around a very little table. There werent enough chairs for everyone. The little piso didnt even have an oven. They believe its true but are very stuck in their ways. Their culture or religion I guess is still very much a part of their lives. They are very confused. Its funny how people can be so confused and yet the message we share is so simple.The message is as simple as my testimony. I know that God lives and He loves me. I know that Christ is my Savior and that I need to allow him to take my pain and suffering away. He already payed the price. I know that Joseph Smith saw Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. He was called to restore the church on the earth again. The Book of Mormon is the word of God and it can and will change lives. I love you all!LoveThe sister

No comments: