Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Emily - Vigo Week 9

3.3.09

Hey Fam...Well sorry Mom, I hope you werent freaking out but yes I had zone conference. I forgot to tell you. I cant believe that I only have two more left. The weather is still great and I actually think its starting to warm up but that doesnt mean that it wont rain again. I got letters from brother(I loved the pictures), mom, Aunt Laura and jess. I love getting letters. By the way that pic of us looking out the window together is us waiting for the mailman. Well its been another crazy week, like always. Ive been a little stressed out getting everything ready for the baptism. On Saturday he had his interview. He is pretty fuerte because he understands the bible really well and likes to preach. Our district leader came out of the interview with really red cheeks and sweating profusely. I think the conversation became a little intense. Our DL asked us to come in afterwards and he told us he answered everthing fine but he didnt think he was humble. Anyways after talking to him for a while I found that they both needed to humble themselves. I told our DL to call him back in, kneel down together to pray and then redo the interview. In PMG it says that the interview should be a spiritual experience. They both came out looking a lot better and the 2nd interview lasted about 10 minutes. His baptism is Sunday.On Sunday after mediodia we had a list of people to passby. About a week ago we recieved a reference from someone in Valencia. He says he knows brother. Anyways I have been trying to get a hold of them. Its a family from the Dominican Republic. Before we left for the tarde I asked Heavenly Father to help us find the people in house who needed to talk with us. We went to their house first and actually the reason we werent able to get a hold of them before is because the address was wrong. I decided that we would just go a timbre the whole building to see if we could find them. We got there and the first piso we timbred opened up for us with out asking who it was. When we got up there the door was open. A lady came to the door and welcomed us in like she knew us. It was like they were waiting for us. The husband had been taught in Valencia and was looking for work there. Then came back here to his family. Anyways we had a great lesson with them and I felt the spirit very strongly. They treated us like family. I love their culture. They even invited us to her birthday at the end of the month. I pray that they will accept the gospel. They have a beautiful family.I loved zone conference. I think it was just for me. It was so nice to see everyone. I became really good friends with the people in my other cities. Its been hard for me here to not have the friendships of the Elders. I think its because we live really far away from each other. To further explain our relationship, after zone conference they got on the train with out us and didnt even realize we went with them. We came later with two of our Elders. I did have a good conversation with one them on the way home. His name is Elder Sayaz and he was in the CCM with brother. Oh ya I pretty much embarrassed myself over and over again at zone conference. My comp and I did the special musical number. We practiced with out a piano and didnt realize how high it was. Oh man there were parts huge chuncks actually of the song that we just didnt sing. We both got all flustered and started singing the 1st verse again. I was barley keeping myself from laughing through the whole thing. H. Truscott played the piano and I could tell she was about to burst herself. We sat down and Pres. started to talk. We all were shaking trying to hold in the laughter. Then I spoke in the tu form when I gave an answer. I corrected myself and then looked at President all scared. I really am loosing my mind. Then President asked in the middle of his talk if anyone had a degree in Theology. He was trying to make a point because he knew none of us did and dont worry I raised my hand because I thought he said psychology. In english he said H. Gogarty you have a degree in theology and I was like um no sorry. Dont worry I had my whole table laughing. Im pretty much a crazy person.LOL!Oh ya just so you know my address is:c/ Travesia de Vigo 171, 3 derecha-it means rightVigo (Pontevedra) 36207my address has been different every time but luckily the letters have been coming to me with out any problems and it gives me a good laugh. I sure love you all a lot. I know God loves us and listens to our prayers. I pray for you everyday.Love,The Sister
ps happy anniversary mom and dad!

No comments: