Monday, March 16, 2009

Logan - Lorca Week 10

3.16.09

Thanks Riplie Family for the letters they were great! Well after all the traveling last week I had no money and I didnt want to dip into my home fund so last week I toughed it out with 7 euros. I Bought a bag of potatoes and noodles. I had to be creative and it made me realize how poorly I cook. I made a menu plan this week and I am going to come home a chef. Everyone is so dependent on the pre packaged stuff from stores that the majority of people will die as soon as the stores stopped getting stocked. I fall into that category as of now but have goals and plans to learn how to cook better this next year. Emily, What do you usually eat? I wish you could cook for me just once a week. Well nothing much has happened, I am senior companion now and I like that, not much has changed though. We had a confrence in Alicante with the whole stake and I was able to see A lot of peole form the Elche ward including a family I baptized while I was there. It was so fun to see them and to see Gustavo the Dad recieve the higher Priesthood. We are running a lot now that Elder Kempkens is gone and with a two man piso I can actually keep it clean. Its amazing for the first time in a year my living conditions are up to standard. I am enjoying it while it lasts. The weather is super hot and it hard to keep my self form jumping into the ocean. We work in a pueblo that has a beautiful section of coast line.Sorry I cant think of anything very exciting that happened. I changed flavors of Yogurt actually that was pretty intense. I had been gettting the same strawberry for the last year. I do enjoy and am greatful the changed perspective the mission has given me. For example onions on hamburgers, flan, and green olives were big dislikes before the mission and now I really enjoy them. You cant know if you dont like somthing untill you try it. I have most definitley learned that in many ways. WEll, all is well. Have a great week I love you all Elder G

No comments: