Monday, March 23, 2009

Logn - Lorca Week 9

3.22.09



Thanks so much Audrey and Emily I really enjoyed the letters.

SO some old news that I think I forgot to tell you is that My new Mission president will be President Hinckley. I cant remember which son it is but I am sure it will be announced in the Ensign. I feel like in the next few transfers everyone I know will be going home. Elder Carpenter my trainer and all his group along with the mission President will be going home in June.
Ok the week has been average and I did enjoy a bit of an adrenaline rush one day. Actually yesterday some girls from the ward were walking home and some guys were following them saying tontarias or in english dumb things. We happen to see the whole thing so we crossed the street and just walked with the girls untill the guys left them. After getting near ther house we let them walk the rest of the way by themselvs and we turned the other direction. We walked for a little bit and but felt like we should turn back and check on them, so we turned around and kind of jogged to wear they were at. As we arrived to the area we saw the girls running from the 2 muslim kids that had previously been following them. I ran across the street (in my suit which always looks funny) and then picked up the bigger kid by the shirt and put him up aganist the wall. We shared some words and then I hopefully scared him enough to the point that he wont follow them anymore. Meanwhile across the street all the chinese people come out from a chinese food restruant and are watching the show. I enjoyed the little bit of adrenaline that we as missionaries dont feel as often.
On the more spiritual side of things we have also been teaching some ROmanians that will be getting baptized this saturday. WE fasted with them that they could find work and they day we fasted we also had an apt. DUrning the apt. they recieved a call about work. I was amazed and greatful for God answering our prayers and fasts. They recognized the Lords hand in it as well and are excited to get bapatized on Saturday. The women has so much faith and is ready to do anything to be apart of the church. They have alread read half the book of Mormon.
Everything else is going well, Thanks Dad for the med kit you gave us for Christmas last year I still use it all the time it was very well though through. Last week we rented bike and I will include a picture of that. Love you all and have a good week. Has Sarah been able to get onto my email accounts or web pages?

Love Elder G

ps the cooking endeavor has been a succes this week I ate very well.

No comments: