Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Emily - Vigo Week 19

5.11.09

Hello My Family....HAPPY BIRTHDAY POPS and Happy Mothers Day again Mom!!!! Lets see it is 4 in the morning there and that means that in one hour you will be on your way to CAli. I hope you have a nice time together. I think brother and I can understand a beach trip for your birthday but the other 5 million were uncalled for. You owe Logan and I a lot of trips. Im sure that doesnt bother you though. Oh it was unbelievably wonderful talking to you. I have so many things on my mind and it felt good to discuss some of them. Mom and I think so much alike but Dad and I do too. You both help me in totally different ways. I love you so much. It was also good to talk to my brothers and sisters. You are my dearest friends and its fun that all of us are around the same age now. It was also fun to talk to brother in Spanish un poco. We are totally going to use that against you when we are together again. Right brother?Grandma said in her last letter that her and Grandpa will be good listeners for me when I get home and Im counting on that. I only touched the surface of all the things that are on my mind. Im grateful for so many wonderful people in my family.The greatest experience of the week for me was running into my dear friend Ana. I dont know if you have noticed that I stopped talking about her. We lost contact with her and havent seen her in about two months. Well as we were walking down the street we "happened" to run into her yesterday. I gave her a big hug and could tell she didnt seem very happy. She was practically crying as we talked to her and hugged her. I think she was having a really bad day and Heavenly Father sent us to her. It was so good to see her. What was even better is that we happened to be with a member that lives close to her and she invited her to church. She even told her that they would like to walk with her. After we left Ana she even agreed to helping us in visits with her. It was a miracle in more ways than one. A couple weeks ago we talked to a man in the street from Cambodia who was an inactive member. He gave us his address but we werent able to find it when we went to look for him. Well this week we "happened" to run into him and we got his correct address. He seemed to be wondering why we never came by. He also told us that he looked for the church and couldnt find it. Hopefully we will be able to find him and help him get back to church. H. Rudder is leaving me tomorrow and my new companion will come tonight. She is a native so I will be able to really get my Spanish down before I come home. Hopefully we get along well being with someone 24 hours a day can be very interesting. Luckily H. Rudder and I have gotten along really well. I counted the other day and all together we have been non stop together for 3024 hours, Crazy!We had district conference yesterday which is like stake conference. It was sooo good to see everyone from A coruna especially the girls. The whole YW´s group ran up to me afterwards and gave me hugs. A young sister gave her testimony who just got home from the mission and is now pregnant and married all in a matter of like 8 months. I think she was married two months after she got home. Anways we were up on the stand because we sang in the choir and Pres. Justino this really funny guy who is a counselor to Pres. DuVall patted us on the back and said in english "be careful girls" and then just laughed his head off. Then we started laughing and all of us were on the stand it was pretty funny. I got teased so much yesterday about getting married and having babies. I should have never told anyone when I was going home. Oh I wonder what it will be like in my own stake. Mom and Dad you should tell everyone Im coming home later and then I can just hide out for a while. Well I better get going. I love you all so much. In my prayers recently I have just been thanking my Heavenly Father so much for my family. Oh sometimes its hard to love you all so much. Im so grateful to know that because of the restoration the authority is on the earth for families to be sealed together forever. I love you!Love,The Sister

No comments: