Monday, May 25, 2009

Logan - Lorca Week 20

5.25.09

Tahnks Jenny, Ashley, and mom for your letters

Please send your cali pics on the xd card. I can send you my card empty if you need a new card. I hope all the pictures from the cd loaded ok onto the computer.

Jess and Nick happy anniversary!

Well this week has gone well. We had a baptism of a 17 yr old that we have been teaching and my favorite part of baptisms is when the converts testify after. We now have 6 kids under the age of 18 that have been baptized and come to church. Their parents are not members and dont encourage their participation in the Gospel. I am impressd by the strength of their testimonies and weekly attendance at church. I think of kids that have had mormon backround getting drug to church and then compare them with these convert kids that have recieved a witness sufficent enough to do whats right even though its getting harder and harder and without the help of parents. This saturday we will be having the baptism of a 14 yr and hopefully he will lead the way for the rest of the family as well. the mom has already quite smoking.
As for the spanish investigators they are about the same. TThey make really good freinds but not investigators. I have or am starting to figure them out a lot better but its hard because they are stuburn. I am very blunt and bold and most them know its true but wont humble themselves unto baptism. I did have a great experiance while teaching a spanish couple this week and I really felt almost a mantle come over me. I felt the Holy ghost very strong and testified and for a few minutes I didnt even feel like I was speaking or thinking. Its hard to explain but I know it was the holy ghost and that the Couple felt it.
On the way to that cita I spoke with a German man that was headed to New Jersery and was mad when I told him it was far from california. They man looked like crocadile dundee and informed me he had a gun in his bag. We got off on the next stop and I gave him to chapstick to eat because he didnt have any food. It was kind of crazy.
Ok well not much else to say I love the people here and I feel like I am at home. The members have become really good friends and I feel a part of the family. If anyone has ideas for the fmaily home evening games we could play that would be helpful. a group of 10 usually we have.

Love you all
Elder G

Mom why do you have facebook! thats weird. lol

No comments: