Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Logan - Lorca Week 19

5.18.09

Well I bought a pair of glasses and lets just say they werent the cheapest ones in the store. Keep in mind that I was thinking of you guys laying on the beautiful beaches of Cali and Dad in the nice cool water shredding waves....without me. So that was in mind durning the purchase and I dont feel too bad about it lol. They help a lot though and have made me think twice before fighting anyone in the street for fear of breaking them. SO they do have their upsides.
As for the way of missionary work, this week went well. We were knocking doors and suprsingly got in with a Spanish man who was a retired Doctor. We had a lot to talk about and then he shared with me that he knows there is a God by the observations and studies hes done on and about the human body. It was nice to talk to him and exciting being hes spanish. I hope that he will progress but they have a very hard time letting go of the ¨false traditions of their fathers.¨ Its been such an amazing experience to be set apart and given authrotity to teach the restoration. You really do feel so much power durning the lessons and it helps you to keep going and know for yourself that its true.
This week we will be going to Valencia for Zone confrence and we will have two General Authroities there. I am excitited to get a little spiritual fuel so to say. Im very tired right now. I am also perhaps too comfortable here in Lorca. Usually the misison is trying to adjust and get to know people but here I have gotten over that a while ago and now its kind of making things seem to go a little slower because there is maybe not enough change. After Church I just stand by the door and as the members and investigators are leaving they find me to set up citas for the week. It makes things very nice and effective but I dunno I am kind of ready for a lil change. Which is not good because I ll probly be here another 6 weeks. I will be sad to leave a lot of people they are like family. I have replacement brothers, grandparents, parents etc.
I have been enjoying a memeber that has been studying with me when we visit him and I have learned a lot. He is a very smart man and translates a lot of things from hebrew and greek which really helps me understand. Its has been fun talking to him and learning from him. He always gives amazing Priesthood lessons too.
Well everything else is going well I m enjoying my companion and the area minus the heat which was 104 yesterday (the jacket rule is still on) I think President has forgot or somthing I hope he forgot because there would be no other logical explination. Maybe its like a zions camp thing I dont know, I cant phtaom it and I try not to think about it. I love you guys very much and am glad you had a good cali trip. I want to the pics soon! I sent a cd of my pics instead of my card so put them on the computer and then let me know so I can claer my card and send it to you. Hve a great week

Logan

No comments: