Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Emily - Vigo Week 18

5.4.09

Hi Family...
Well to start off I need to apologize to my pops. I thought you would understand that I was using that line to get some more letters and it worked. I would hope that you understand and dont even question how much your letters mean to me. With out fail you send me a letter every week and that brings me a lot of comfort. Dad your letters have helped me more than you will ever understand. Mom has been so good about her weekly snail letter. I love hearing your different views of the week. I love you both so much.
I had one of the best experiences of my mission this week. A part family invited us over to teach about eternal families. The daughter was just married, both converts to the church and will be sealed next month. The father is not a member said he would listen if we taught him how to make brownies. I was nervous sick about the lesson because we were teaching such a long range of people. There was also a less active Grandma present and her non member daughter. Anyways its kind of a fuerte tema for that kind of group. We started making the brownies and I for sure had a headache after trying to make brownies in a tiny kitchen, with 15 people all speaking Spanish. Luckily they turned out and as we waited for them to cool off we started the lesson. I felt very guided in what to say. We first did a little repaso of the first to explain how we the authority was restored do that marriage for eternity is possible. I felt such a strong spirit as I always do when I shared the first vision looking into the eyes of aobut 10 people. We explained that to be married for eternity we need someone with the authority, a place and we need to be worthy. At the end of the whole lesson I told them that about 28 years ago my parents entered the temple to be married. They were worthy, they went to a temple and a man with the authority sealed them together forever. I tried so hard to control my emotions and usually I can but I lost it. I testified to them that I know no matter what happens that I will be with the ones I love forever if I live worthy. The lesson just flowed right out of my mouth. There was hardly a dry eye in the room. I fasted for the Dad yesterday. He was so good to us and I pray we can continue teaching him. I testified that its possible for all people to live worthy to enter the house of the Lord and have an eternal family. I know its possible for everyone because God loves ALL of His children. Mom and Dad I felt a very strong appreciation for you and the decision you made years ago to be married in the temple. I love you both so much and Im thankful to be a part of our family.
On Saturday morning we went to a homeless shelter to help serve food. One of our new investigators invited us. I loved it! We wet so many awesone people that were there to help. One lady even gave us her phone number so she can teach us how to make some things from her country. Everyone was so good to us trying to speak to us in english. We had a great time and it was nice to just be with good people that were trying to do some good.
Sunday there was a couple from the US visiting. I sat by the wife in RS and she looks kind of like Jess. She has a little girl and is pregnant. It was so weird to hear a little family talking in english. I loved sitting by her and I tried to imagine that it was just Jess and I sitting in class together. I tried to translate for her but I have realized every time I do translate that there are a lot of words that I dont know in english. I know what the word means but I dont know how to explain it. Translating is really weird. Anways her and I had a good time together. Everyone thought I was talking about the lesson and really we were just having a nice chat.
Well of course there are so many more details to share but Im out of time. I love you all so much!
Love,
The Sister
ps I got emails from the best pops in the world and my wonderful grandparents. This week I got letters from my beautiful Mom, my crazy brother, and my dear sister Jess. I loved every single one. Thank you so much.

No comments: