Monday, May 25, 2009

Emily - Vigo Week 21

5.25.09

Hello Everyone that I love...
I got a lot of letters today and it was so awesome. Lets see I have letters from mom, sister Jess, Ashley, brother and oh I cant forget the email that comes EVERY week from my pops. I loved the pics. Mom... oh Brenna is so darn cute. Im going to squeeze her so hard. Anyways thank you for all the wonderful letters. Its so nice to hear from everyone and know what is going on.
My favorite class yesterday was Gospel Principles. We just got a new teacher and she is wonderful. Her husband taught before and didnt do a bad job but it was like he knew all the information too well. His wife I think is very nervous and prepares herself very well every Sunday. After class on yesterday I went up to her and said I know this class is for the investigators but I want you to know that I really enjoy what you teach. She teaches stuff that we teach everyday in the field but she really brings a special spirit into the class. I told her thank you with all of my heart and I hope she understands I really mean it. I think she did because she was almost in tears. I know it doesnt really matter where we serve but how we serve. Ive realized that a lot on my mission.
Well we got fiared not joking like ten times this week. That means that our investigators or new people we had appointments with werent home for the visit. That was really frustrating but we did see a lot of miracles although it didnt show in our numbers. On Wednesday we were knocking with a new DVD we have called Finding Happiness. We had knocked for about ten days with out getting in at all. To help you realize how much of a miracle it was that we got in somewhere I will further explain that I can count on one hand how many times I have gotten into someones house while knocking. Anyways after getting fiared again we went to a close by building to knock. I timbred every house and no one wanted anything but then before I timbred the last piso I felt something and had a this little thought that who ever lived there was going to let us in. Two kids came running down the stairs and I asked if their parents were home. They told me that only their Grandma was with them. I felt disappointed at first but then the Grandma came out of the house and I talked with her a little bit. They are from Brasil and the kids were so excited to see us. They were familiar to me somehow. We told them that we had a DVD we wanted to share and the kids were like Vamos and they ran up the stairs and expected us to follow. We had a fabulous visit with them. The kids were like 13 and 10 but they acted like adults. They had really good questions and they understood really well everything we taught. The Grandma enjoyed the lesson a lot too. I taught about the power of prayer and how it can unite families. I explained the experience we had years ago when the car broke down and we prayed. I remember Coby trying to start the car after dad had tried a million times and on the first try he started it. There was no doubt in my mind that the car would start after we prayed. I wish I could have the faith that I had when I was younger. Thank you mom and dad for teaching me how to pray. Its helped me so much in the mission. The Grandma loved the story and told us she believes in miracles too. The boy prayed at the end and offered such a sweet prayer. He prayed for everyone it was so cute. I cant wait to meet with them again.
Oh ya my package got here, thank you soooo much. I actually put makeup on the last couple of days and it was weird. I have already watched the videos and looked at the pictures like 5 million times, you can ask my companion. I gave the scriptures to Ricky and he was very appreciative. The family that helped me get the package moved on Saturday, I was kind of bummed. We went up to their piso and helped. They live on like the fourth floor with out an elevator. My legs and arms were a little sore but it felt good to do some service and exercise other than walking 10 miles a day.
Its raining AGAIN!!!!!! Actually I dont think it ever stopped. Since my new companion got here I think we have had two partial days of sun. Its the end of May! I really cant believe its still pouring everyday. Im NOT going to miss the rain at all that is for sure. I hope none of my siblings every live in a place where it rains a lot because I will not visit them....sorry.
Ive become pretty good friends with the couple that own the chuche store. I think Ive told you about them. She asked me about a blue book one day and I was able to bear her my testimony of the BOM. She doesnt have any friends her and has really enjoyed us stopping by to visit with her every once in a while. She has a list of questions that she wants us to answer about what happens after death and what are the signs of the second coming. I really enjoy visiting with her and her husband. Yesterday we were able to get a visit set up with them. I told her that I would like to teach somewhere other than the store so its a little more tranquilo. She needs to be in a place where she can feel the spirit. At least for now we have helped her become more interested. Im really excited to teach her and her husband. The only problem is they work on Sundays like everyone else here. We truly have to first live the commandment through faith. Then as our testimony grows in that commandment and we see blessings we are more easily able to live it and we have the desire to live it.
Well I went on long enough. I sure love you and appreciate you all. The church is true.
Love,
The Sister
ps HAPPY ANNIVERSARY SISTER JESS AND NICK! I LOVE YOU!

No comments: