Monday, May 5, 2008

Emily - Santader Week 7

5.5.08

Okay like always I don´t know where to start. I guess I will let everyone know who I love this week. On Monday I got a letter from Sister Sarah. Tuesday I got letters from Sister Jessica and one from Lynne Furrow-thank you Lynne it was soo good to hear from you, I love you. This morning I got a letter in the mail from Mom. I also got emails from Dad, Grandpa Gogarty-I didn´t have time to read yours but I will print it off, thank you so much Grandpa I love you, and Joye Marositca-it was so good to see a letter from you, I didn´t have time to read it yet but thank you. Thank you all so much for your letters, each one is a blessing.

This week has been crazy!Oh also I want to let you know that I will be calling at 3:00 PM Spain time on Sunday. So for you that will be 7:00 in the morning. I figured it would be best to talk to you before church. Dad told me in his letter that he didn´t want to miss out on ANY church. I´m so proud of you Dad, you have changed.LOL! Oh one more little secret. You know that temple card that I gave you that has our cell number on it. I can´t call you from it but you can call me. If you can figure it out I don´t go to church until 10:00 so if you figure out how to do a three way call I can talk to Logan too with you before my church. I will be calling you for my phone call after church and I wont be calling from the cell phone at 3:00. I think I already told you that Im calling from Renatas. Oh if I don´t call at 3 that means her internet or something didn´t work and so you should call me on the cell phone. Okay hopefully all of that makes sense! I can´t even explain how happy I am that I get to visit with you on Sunday.

May 1st was a holiday here is Spain and I think it lasted for like four days. Its been a BIG party here is Spain the last couple of days for everyone except for us. I think we had like 6 or more visits cancelled this week and contacting was horrible. But for some reason the week went by really fast. I can´t believe it is Monday again and on Sunday I get to talk to you.Although most of our visits were canceled we did have a great visit with a guy named Jose Angel.

I don´t think I have told you about him before. He is like 28 and so smart. He understands everything we teach and when we ask questions to see if he understands his answers are perfect. He puts everything together in his head how we wish all of our investigators could. I really want to see him get baptized. He is praying and reading. He told us he has funny feelings about the Book of Mormon. Praying was really hard for him. Its amazing how forgein it can be to some people. In our last visit he prayed and it was beautiful. He really was just trying to talk to God. He is suppose to pray about the church this week.

I think sometimes we forget the power of prayer because we are raised with it. But when your on a mission and you have no one else to talk to you realized very quickly how important it is and how much you need to talk to your Heavenly Father. I read something really interesting about prayer that I don´t think I really ever understood. Look up prayer in the Bible Dictionary. It said that even though Heavenly Father knows us perfectly and he knows what we need we still need to talk to him. I think it helps us to study it out in our minds and really think about what we are asking. It also helps us to be more alert for answers and promptings. Anyways I am so thankful that I can talk to Heavenly Father when ever I need to. I pray a lot during the day.

Oh I have a funny story, kind of I guess. Still not as funny as the ones when I was with a bunch of Elders but this will have to do. A couple days ago this guy stopped us on the street and asked us who we were. We told him our names and then asked why. He said well I can´t let two beautiful women pass by with out asking their names. We were like okay buddy you have a good day. He quickly started trying to talk about church stuff so that we would keep talking to him. We gave him a temple card with the church address on it. Then he made us write down his name and number, thank goodness! I couldn´t have left with out it. He then fell on his knees, grabbed our hands and kissed them like we were royalty. He also told us that he would change his religion four times to be with us. I wanted to tell him, pull yourself together man and get up off the ground you look pathetic. Good thing I didn´t know how to say that in Spanish.

We do get called Guapas about ten times a day. Somtimes a couple guys will walk by and say hello ladies or something small in english. They get this huge smile on their face like they have done something really special. I give them a big smile and clap for them. I think Im going to start carrying around stickers to give them. Wow I know I´m a brat. Sorry I think sister learned that from me too. But sister you keep being a brat to the boys. I dont want any of them touching you AT ALL! I love you sisters!

One more funny story(not really) on Sunday the branch president´s wife tried to get us to go with the family to a chinese restaurant for dinnner after church. The Branch President is out of town. It was Fast Sunday and it was very tempting to got(not really) but still it was kind of annoying. Church was pretty interesting but I don´t have time to tell you everything. I guess you will have to just wait for me to CALL! That is fun to say. I´m going to call you on a phone...ahhhhhh!

Brother Logan-Guess what we got Elder Harris. I don´t think I need to say anymore, you should understand. WE are all really sad because Elder Kofe left. They are a little different from each other. Elder Harris is really really into Yoyos and Elder Kofe is national rugby player. The mission is funny! I love you brother I hope you are still enjoying the CCM. I Can´t wait to hear where your first area will be! Okay Im for sure out of time. But I want all of you to know how much I love you and miss you. Thank you for loving me and writing me!

Love, EM (Hermana Gogarty) Okay well like usual I have lots more to tell you

No comments: