Thursday, May 8, 2008

Logan - Madrid MTC Week 5

5.8.08

So this week I recieved letters from Jess, Moms package...thank you, Jenny, and thats all. I laughed when I read the letter about Elder Harris he left here two weeks ago...what a character. His family is a proffesional yo yo family pretty cool I guess I am glad I have you guys for my family. He was the Elder that took me to the Park and was supposed to show me the ropes but the exact opposite happened. I would look to him when I needed a word and he would just stare back at me and then I would find another way to say what i wanted to say. Tell him Hi Emily. I hope you got my email about elder Webb he is going to be to your Mission in a few weeks. He is a very fun Elder to be around and will do great so keep an eye out for him.

This week has been great I was excited to get the letter from you about the Dragon Software program that is really cool. I feel too behind in technology without my phone. I have to write contacts in a little adress book and use a real calender and things its really weird. I didnt realize that I had depended on all the programs on my phone. I was not use to wrtie anything doing. I was also excited to hear I got on the Pueblo magazine you will have to send me a copy. Pueblo is such a strange place.

I am pretty sick of Mr. Mac after watching all of my suits fall apart and then listen to all the other Elders complain about theirs doing the same. If I have time I am going to write a letter to them and get all the Elders here that have had a problem to sign it. they give you a discount and come across very friendly but the quality of their suits is just so poor. this week has flown by I have less then 11 days left here i should be in the airport on May 20th. I am excited to call you guys and talk but I ll be honest I am not home sick at all my mind rarely wanders to back home and whats going on there.

Thank you Dad for updating my accounts! I really appreciate it if you could just update the adresses every time I change then that would be great. Jessica I cant believe your having a baby so soon that is crazy I am going to be an Uncle! I was thinking about it and that babys Spirit will just have been with Jesus Christ before this life. Its amazing to think about. I am excited for you and Nick.

So the funny story for the week. we have planners we wrtie everything down in and every once in a while the president checks them to see how well we plan and use them. Sister Lester a recent convert wanted to learn what committing adultrey was beause she didnt even know and its one of the ten commandments. So she wrote COmmit Adultrey in her to do List because it was a topic she wanted to study. You can imagine President was pretty suprised when he read To do.....Commit Adultrey? lol it was great we all got a pretty good laugh.

Elder Wilcox My old Comp is very smart. He reads and studies like crazy and knows everything except common sense. We have a humidfier in the Class room and it was empty so he was going to fill it up, He aske how doyou fill it up and we just said in the bottom. I look up and he picked the entire thing up and turned it over and all the water just went rushing onto the floor. We were just like Elder Wilcox come on.

Dad, yur talk is really amazing dad I came upon a scriputre that went along well with it. 1 Nephi 19: 9-10, 12 read that and tell me what you think it talks about the groaning of the earth in the Last days. I carry around a list and write down everything I am going to tell you in my weekly letter and when ever someone does somthing stupid around me I pull out the list and jot it down. Its called the write home list and you usually dont want to be on it lol.

I hope everything is going well for everyone. I am excited to get to Barcelona and start preaching all day. I am also excited to hit the next phase of my spanish. I feel like its coming pretty well I understand a lot and when I speak I feel like it doesnt sound to american, I am learning the pure form of Spanish and I try to sounds just like the people.

Lst week in the park was amazing I took elder Moore and we had a lot of success I felt the holy ghost working through me the whole day. People were placed in our path and it was really fun to be a part of that. I will be getting on later let me know if you need anything.

The package was great by the way and I can still do a rubix cube so that was good. I dont know why i like it so much but when I do it I just get relxed. When I first tried it I was very impatient and angry but now its easy. I have started playing piano again also and Should be able to play 5 hymns both hands by the time I leave here. thats to goal anyways. I am learning patience like never before. I will be on in about an hour so if your near a computer hope on and we ll chat

Love, Elder G

No comments: